Ascot Saturday..

UNWIMH 166+p
Lil Rockerfeller 162p
Alex De Larreyda 162?p
Reve De Sivola 162?
Zarkandar 160?
UTPT 158? +?

The French one is arguably the most intriguing in that he appears to be improving past Ptit Zig (157) but both were well beaten behind Un De Sceaux in the summer.

I've watched the replay of the Newbury race. UNWIMH was a half-length down on BallyO three out (with SF just overtaking the latter on the near rail), by two out UNWIMH was two lengths in front of him and by the last he was six lengths clear. He was 10 lengths clear on the flat and going away without being asked too much when Geraghty put the brakes on. I've rated him value for 10 lengths but I reckon that's conservative and he's clearly still on a curve.

I can't see any of this field getting too close to that 166 figure and even then they'd need to hope UNWIMH hasn't improved any.

I don't have that race as particularly fast, though.

Roddy, your boy looked good at Ascot, particularly finishing with the exhibition leap at the last. Must have a real shout of picking up the prize. Can't be there but hope you have every reason to celebrate. Good Luck!

Might get 10/1 on Bally yet, which is what big mac would call an each way thieves bet. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone give Lil Rockerfella a chance? First time out over 3m finished a fairly respectable 3rd for the first run of the season, behind Native River and Silsol.
Then finishes an excellent runner up to Yanworth last time out, all be it a shorter distance.

Ill be back Un Temps Pour Tout anyway, really don't like Harry, probably cause I always back against him.

LR is a very likeable type. Hard to seem him not being placed at least. Possibly a bet 'without the favourite'.

Last edited:
Anyone give Lil Rockerfella a chance? First time out over 3m finished a fairly respectable 3rd for the first run of the season, behind Native River and Silsol.
Then finishes an excellent runner up to Yanworth last time out, all be it a shorter distance.

Ill be back Un Temps Pour Tout anyway, really don't like Harry, probably cause I always back against him.

Yes - i think he will win.

Really fancy Wolf of Windlesham in the Hcap hurdle. Has already won off his current mark & was travelling well when falling last time out prior to his recent spin on the flat. The 20/1 available looks generous IMO.
Shortened up in market today, 16's now. I'll have a saver on, to cover my ass if Meet The Legend disappoints.

Last edited:
UNWIMH 166+p
Lil Rockerfeller 162p
Alex De Larreyda 162?p
Reve De Sivola 162?
Zarkandar 160?
UTPT 158? +?

The French one is arguably the most intriguing in that he appears to be improving past Ptit Zig (157) but both were well beaten behind Un De Sceaux in the summer.

I've watched the replay of the Newbury race. UNWIMH was a half-length down on BallyO three out (with SF just overtaking the latter on the near rail), by two out UNWIMH was two lengths in front of him and by the last he was six lengths clear. He was 10 lengths clear on the flat and going away without being asked too much when Geraghty put the brakes on. I've rated him value for 10 lengths but I reckon that's conservative and he's clearly still on a curve.

I can't see any of this field getting too close to that 166 figure and even then they'd need to hope UNWIMH hasn't improved any.

I don't have that race as particularly fast, though.

I rated him 169+ for that race Maurice. He's already in the realms of many previous World Hurdle winners. That being the case if he runs to form he must win on Saturday.

I'm saying this as someone who backed Yanworth early on for the World Hurdle, but I'm both convinced Yanworth cannot beat Harry, nor will he turn up for the race. I backed Harry immediately after the Newbury race as I can't see anything likely to oppose that's capable of running to the 170 that would be required to beat him. The only horse that could upset the applecart is Thistlecrack if he doesn't cut it over fences for some reason.

The only horse that could upset the applecart is Thistlecrack if he doesn't cut it over fences for some reason.

100% agree, as per previous post(s).

Great minds 'n that...

Faugheen is one that could also upset the applecart. Obviously it's anyone's guess where he ends up, but if it was in the world hurdle then he's already a 176 rated animal at 2 mile hurdles and has 3 historical pieces of form at 3 miles (or thereabouts). So he is definitely one that potentially could beat Harry.

The problem is that he's be no price at all if they announced the WH was the target. It would be a step into the unknown for him, and would take a step up on anything he's achieved before beyond two miles. Annie was a good thing in More of That's World Hurdle don't forget. Faugheen would just make the price for Harry backers in the lead up.

There is also a difference between Faugheen and Thistlecrack, in that Thistlecrack has been there and done that and would win barring a fall. Whereas you'd worry about Faugheen being outstayed over three miles.

Last edited:

Dickie Johnson has the ride

Looks like Mick Jazz not declared. Silver Cup declared tomorrow. 11 in Long Walk. The Romford pele and Henderson mare the ones that don't go.

That 7/4 is looking good now but I wouldn't rest there......he will go odds on on the day..........even if it's during the race for a lay off there's a good profit to be made

Disagree Tan. The (justified) hype on Harry is creating cracking value on the others.
Champion jockey booked for Ballyoptic, punters still don't take the hint. He won't be out the first two or (at worst) three,. Fantastic each way opportunity there now.

Bally is the horse to back with a view to laying in running, if we take Twisty's word for it that he'll go on from the front.

Last edited:
I've taken Chesterfield ew at 33/1 for the race but it won't be my main bet (which as this stage is shaping up as Golden Spear).

Chesterfield is on the same mark – at which point he was on a steep curve – as when last seen two seasons ago. He had just taken up the running and was going away when falling at the last in a fair race at Kempton. The eventual winner subsequently won off 7lbs higher and the runner-up was the clear-daylight winner of the Schweppes two runs later off 4lbs higher. His 10lbs claimer is 17% over hurdles for the trainer this season so might be a big positive. Then again, he might not, but hey...

Back