Ascot Saturday..

Anyone give Lil Rockerfella a chance? First time out over 3m finished a fairly respectable 3rd for the first run of the season, behind Native River and Silsol.
Then finishes an excellent runner up to Yanworth last time out, all be it a shorter distance.

Ill be back Un Temps Pour Tout anyway, really don't like Harry, probably cause I always back against him.

I'd fancy Lil Rockerfeller a bit. Sometimes horses get flattered when running a horse like Yanworth close but there's a good chance at 5 coming 6 years old he's improving.

His trainer must have seen something in him to run him in the Champion and 9 months can make a huge difference to a horse.

Having taken 7/4 about Harry I am laying a bit off and having a bet to nothing on Lil Rockerfeller

David Johnson and Co pinched 25/1 on Go Conquer so they look clever. Hope to see Fletchers Flyer declared in a few hours.

Last edited:
Quick Jack and Pyromaniac are both going the right way for a right bandit but, as I say, I prefer Golden Spear for the same masked man (and I ain’t talking Lone Ranger).

I have a disquieting addiction to backing Quick Jack whenever he runs, and have done so again, in pitiable, unblinking, drone-like fashion.

I would be as well throwing money into a brazier.

Glad to see Fletchers Flyer declared for the chase. Fletchers should stay the trip well, and looks on the upgrade. Big run anticipated. He's one of the dangers to Go Conquer, who I wish you fellas all the best with!

Last edited:
I've backed Feargal at 25s, 5 places. Form of his run at ascot has worked out well and has a nice pull at the weights with modus et al.

Tempted to go in on the wolf having backed him at a big price at Cheltenham.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

I've never been so happy to have a non runner. Vyta Du Roc pulled out and surely heads for the Welsh Nash which he is a huge price for.

Le Mercurey, who reps VDR's Reynoldstown form and who has run well in behind good horses this season. 12/1 is a sporting bet.

I've taken Chesterfield ew at 33/1 for the race but it won't be my main bet (which as this stage is shaping up as Golden Spear).

What price did you take about Golden Spear DO? He's been absolutely smashed off the boards last 24 hours!
Listening to the RP Postcast yesterday evening, the 2 Irish lads were unequivocal that Golden Spear has a stone in hand and is nothing more than a steering job. I must say they were extremely convincing and their confidence was infectious!

Last edited:
I'm with Grassy and like Quick Jack. I've also backed Diego du Charmil, both each way. I've also thrown in with them Meet The Legend, Consul du Thaix, and Sternrubin into a combination trifecta.

I don't doubt that Golden Spear is well in. The problem I have is his inexperience in a field of talented handicappers. The race has shaped up better than the Greatwood did. Fair do's if anyone was on each way early, but I wouldn't back him at single figure prices, let alone his current 4/1, and I've also left him out of the combo.

In the Silver Cup I have Minella Daddy, Irish Saint, Triolo D'Alene, Eduard, and Fletchers Flyer in a combination trifecta, plus Minella Daddy each way.

In the Long Walk I was already heavily on Unowhatimeanharry at 7/4, which covers the stakes for the other bets and gives a nice tidy profit.

If any of the combos come in the family will be getting some nice presents this year.

What price did you take about Golden Spear DO? He's been absolutely smashed off the boards last 24 hours!
Listening to the RP Postcast yesterday evening, the 2 Irish lads were unequivocal that Golden Spear has a stone in hand and is nothing more than a steering job. I must say they were extremely convincing and their confidence was infectious!

I heard that as well, as have a lot of others by the looks of it. Tongue tie is on as well which seems to be the key with him. It seems absurd to be getting stuck in at 4/1 in such a competitive handicap but he does look a serious blot.

It wasn't just the weight, they were discussing his hurdling technique saying he is as fluent and quick a jumper of a hurdle that you will see.
He's also run in multiple 20+ runner big competitive handicaps on the flat.

I've watched his last race over obstacles and he wis jumping was very slick. He also won with his head in his chest and those in behind have flown up the weights since.

Sometimes the stars align to create the perfect scenario. This seems like one of those occasions and its no coincidence that the master of such events trains him.

I didn't. I held off to wait till Friday but ended up being "assigned various tasks" shall I put it and didn't get the chance to see the betting again until last night, then decided it might be longer again this morning but I never saw any better than 4/1. So to cut my nose off to spite my face I decided against backing it altogether!

I've gone for Meet The Legend in the marker without GS with savers on DDC (20/1) and Rayvin Black (80/1 ew 6 places, as crazy value) to add to the Chesterfield bet. If GS wins, can I still claim a bit of kudos for picking it early :confused: ?

Looking forward to todays racing. A few people seem to like Fletchers Flyer in the chase which I'm pleased about as I backed him earlier in the week.
Also backed Ballyoptic each way, see how he goes. Could have easily backed 5 or 6 in the Wessex but just came down on the side of Meet The Legend each way.

Good luck one and all.

You guys have made a persuasive case for Golden Spear, but I'm already took much in on the race, so I've thrown him in an each way treble with Minella Daddy and Poker School for interest.

I wouldn't say easy-peasy but I think Harry had Ballyo cooked at the last. Nice to see Lil Rockerfeller give the form a very solid look.

Absolutely. Sean was very unlucky with the loose horse and he'd have surely won. He's a horse with a very bright future.

You have to wonder about these JP horses.

Eastlake last week at 33/1 and now Regal Encore at 20/1.

Between them they had more Ps than a Parisian pissoir.

Back