AW Winter 2016/17

Ajman Star was very unlucky today Reet Hard.

Aventinus was poor & the winner looks progressive considering he was 9lb worse off today.

One for tomorrow

Glorious Politics - 1:50 Newcastle @ 5/1

This one went in to the notebook after a pleasing run at York on the turf in a fairly decent maiden. This looks a fairly ordinary affair & he stands a great chance of registering his first win.

Barron & Gibbons have a decent strike rate over the last 5 years when teaming up especially in 2yo races:

38-178(Wins/Races)

21%(Win %)

+96.72(Level stakes profit)

One for tomorrow

This one went in to the notebook after a pleasing run at York on the turf in a fairly decent maiden. This looks a fairly ordinary affair & he stands a great chance of registering his first win.

Barron & Gibbons have a decent strike rate over the last 5 years when teaming up especially in 2yo races:

38-178(Wins/Races)

21%(Win %)
I'll take a look at this later. Any thoughts on Enjoy Life? Do you think she's a good chance?

Last edited:
One for tomorrow

38-178(Wins/Races)

21%(Win %)

+96.72(Level stakes profit)

Well backed and ran well. Good pick.

Roll on Enjoy Life tomorrow. I'll be enjoying it a lot more if she wins.

6/1 early show. She has to beat this Willie Haggas trained favourite though. It's possible. I'll stick to my guns.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at this later. Any thoughts on Enjoy Life? Do you think she's a good chance?

I think she looks progressive, it's a step up in grade & the Haggas horse will be difficult to beat if fit, while Rebel Surge is no slouch either.

Best of luck Marble

One for tomorrow

Jet Setter - 1:10 Lingfield @ 10/1

Has some good form since his short break, with only the one blip coming on very soft ground at Yarmouth. Other than that, he was very close to several winners in 3 races. Most notably two horses now rated 84 & 94. Now 1lb lower(69) than his last run over C&D with Jordan Uys claiming a further valuable 7lb. He looks very well handicapped & i feel he's far better than his current mark.

Interesting indeed. The first time blinkers may bring about some improvement. I'll back Jet Setter with my three tomorrow. I reckon your on the right horse in the race , see what happens. Good luck.

Last edited:
A few quid for Paul Cole's Lyfika in Enjoy Life's race. Lyfika form figures read 656766 - I wonder what's inspired the money, and how the betting market for the race shapes up tomorrow.

I would imagine it's because she's won off higher marks in the past & is due to go up a further 7lb soon. She has ability, it's just a case of when she fancies it. I did take a close look at her in your race, but her last couple of runs were very uninspiring.

6/1 early show. She has to beat this Willie Haggas trained favourite though. It's possible. I'll stick to my guns.

While you'd always respect anything WH runs, I'd question why she's dropped back to 7f here, after winning over a stiff 1m at Carlisle?
I also favour Enjoy Life who, conversely, was probably dropped back in trip to run before her new mark kicked in, but found 6f just on the sharp side. Back to the 7f she led all the way at previously, she must have a major chance.
Also like Galahad in the nursery at Kempton. Up 6lb for a cosy win at Newcastle, it might not be enough now they've found his trip. Better drawn than the other principals. he looks a solid ew at the current 8/1.

Impossible to do any worse than I did today.

I'm keen on Chevallier in the 5:45 at Chelmsford. His record on the all weather is decent, (24242), and this might be his day to get his head in front off 86.

Fancied Harry Dunlop's in the maiden at 4.45 at Chelmsford tomorrow, went for a lie down, came back and still fancied it so thought I'd share my thoughts. Have been watching this horse closely in 2 runs since he tanked through his debut at Salisbury and on neither has he been seen to best effect. Second time out he travelled well up with the pace at Haydock before fading and last time, upped to 7f he saw his race out better, but had no chance of getting involved with the principals having had too much to do.

I think what this horse wants is holding on to and coming with a late run, and his first 2 starts suggest he has the speed for this trip, particularly in an AW maiden. Sort of expected handicaps o be up next rather than another maiden, but am not convinced by the 2 that head the betting and am hoping to see support for him tomorrow. Final piece of intrigue is the entry in a seller. Is that to just try to throw us off the scent, or am I crediting Harry D with too much intelligence? 6s+ is worth paying to find out.

Good write up David-I would be of the opinion that Harry Dunlop couldn't train pigs to be dirty and I do like to place lay his short priced ones.However he had a winner and a placed horse today and at 6/1 he is worth a poke.

Great write up I'm going to follow you in therre.

I've had a small dabble on Chester Street (against gigolos picks which are possibly holding the price). Too pissef to type reasoningbut if doesn't win the kids do without food for the week.

Fancied Harry Dunlop's in the maiden at 4.45 at Chelmsford tomorrow, went for a lie down, came back and still fancied it so thought I'd share my thoughts. Have been watching this horse closely in 2 runs since he tanked through his debut at Salisbury and on neither has he been seen to best effect. Second time out he travelled well up with the pace at Haydock before fading and last time, upped to 7f he saw his race out better, but had no chance of getting involved with the principals having had too much to do.

I think what this horse wants is holding on to and coming with a late run, and his first 2 starts suggest he has the speed for this trip, particularly in an AW maiden. Sort of expected handicaps o be up next rather than another maiden, but am not convinced by the 2 that head the betting and am hoping to see support for him tomorrow. Final piece of intrigue is the entry in a seller. Is that to just try to throw us off the scent, or am I crediting Harry D with too much intelligence? 6s+ is worth paying to find out.

Someone clearly agrees, currently best priced 11/4!

Impossible to do any worse than I did today.

I'm keen on Chevallier in the 5:45 at Chelmsford. His record on the all weather is decent, (24242), and this might be his day to get his head in front off 86.

Been well supported, 6/1 second favourite as I type!

I've tipped it to a few friends...when you are having a dodgy period, there's nothing like bringing every ****** down with you. :)

Chester Street N/R btw.

Last edited:
Anybody been using the sectional times now available on atr website? Might be useful for tracker horses

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back