Ballydoyle 2 Year Olds 2009

Thanks Galileo, Henrythenavigator's full brother would have been nice, but Lord High Admiral is a Galileo colt with speed in his pedigree and he's related to Balistroika

I'll take the obvious early one since nobody else has. Steinbeck for me. I really wish FITS well this year, was disappointed that he never ran again after the Guineas.

The list of 2 year olds seems to say they have little belief in Footstepsinthesand and High Chaparral.

I'll take the obvious early one since nobody else has. Steinbeck for me. I really wish FITS well this year, was disappointed that he never ran again after the Guineas.

Me too. A friend of mine visited Coolmore in February and was given this 2 year old as one to watch out for.

I think Sue Magnier names most of them. Knowing her penchant for the humanities – fine art, music, literature, history you can almost sort out the pecking order from the name alone.

Before you even start looking at the pedigrees you just know that Beethoven, Jan Vermeer, Steinbeck and Moby Dick, for example, are likely to be among the favoured ones.

While uninspired names like Sail Boat and Finest Artisan are likely to be down the pecking order.

They can turn out quite different of course, but it’s always a give away as to who they are hopeful about when first named.

Last edited:
It didn't work like that for Federico Tesio!

With the exception of Botticelli, his best horses, such as Ribot and Nearco, were named after the least successful artists.

Pretty impressive debut from Steinbeck, imagine he's coventry bound and will go off at a crap price for it!

You think he will improve bundles for it. Looks pretty similar to his sire, big long stride and looks as though he will appreciate being ridden handy enough.

I hope Manning gets a ban for his riding on the Bolger horse....dangerous stuff.

Two really nice fillys in the first as well.

I read this thread early on, but only just checked back and found we now have a chance to 'own' a Ballydoyle 2 year old for the season. Hard to resist really, but even harder to decide with all those pedigrees......

If it's not too late, as she has already run, I'll take Lily Langtry please. :)

U000012422424091.jpg

Back