Ballydoyle 2 Year Olds 2009

Okay, as Lily Lantry has run, then I will take Flying Cross, altho the pedigree might suggest it will not even run as a 2 year old! :p

Nice photo Gal!

Banyan Tree possibly making his debut on the 28th. Also name change for HMS Victory (although I see it's been edited in the first post) - now Viscount Nelson, just in case anyone didn't spot that.

Emperor Claudius

And wins at Fairyhouse tonight. The really interesting thing about this colt was his price tag...just €23,920 at the sales. As a son of Giants Causeway out of the Guineas winner Virgina Waters - I would love to know how it was so cheap. Not many with breeding like that manage to get into an Auction race like tonights! Looks like he needs 7 furlongs minimum.

Hope not. But, since Steinbeck wasn't entered in the Coventry supposedly to wait for the Railway, it looks like something's gone amiss. He looked to have been their best horse in the race, unless the first timer Viscount Nelson is special. Wonder what the story is. :confused:

That's a shame, would have been good to see how good he was. Is Viscount Nelson a possibility? It would take something special from either him or Bolger's colt to win this on their debuts, though I wouldn't be surprised.

O'Brien on ATR there just claimed they were giving him a bit more time and might have him out in a month or so. He didn't mention a setback.

By the way, it's interesting that he was never entered in the Phoenix.

O'Brien on ATR there just claimed they were giving him a bit more time and might have him out in a month or so. He didn't mention a setback.

By the way, it's interesting that he was never entered in the Phoenix.

The horse was not named in time to be entered in the race.

That's a shame, would have been good to see how good he was. Is Viscount Nelson a possibility? It would take something special from either him or Bolger's colt to win this on their debuts, though I wouldn't be surprised.

VN is due to run in the maiden tomorrow I think.

Back