Ballydoyle 2 Year Olds 2010

SOME TWO YEAR OLDS TO NOTE;
We have a lovely colt called RULING (Footstepsinthesand ex Chaturanga), he is doing everything nicely and should be an early type
We also really like a filly called QUEEN OF SPAIN (Holy Roman Emperor ex Starlight Dreams) she is a 3 parts sister to Mastercraftsman and is also doing everything very easily.
We have some nice horses for the second half of the season including AMEN (Galileo colt ex Kitza), FREEDOM (Hurricane Run ex Cute Cait) and a lovely Montjeu colt called PAWNEE out of Red Azalea.

Indeed...interesting to see another Footsteps mentioned positively considering similar comments around the same time about Steinbeck.

There is a filly called Holy Alliance (HRE - Song of the Sea) owned by AM O'Brien, so I preume that can be added to the list of Ballydoyle 2 yr olds. Regarding those four extra colts, the Montjue - Gwynn (Pour Moi) and the Hurricane Run - Cache Creek (Bayeux Tapestry) are with Andre Fabre, I understand. I'm still in the dark on the Storm Cat - Starry Dreamer (Factum) and the Galileo - Ziffany (Elysian Heights).

There is a filly called Holy Alliance (HRE - Song of the Sea) owned by AM O'Brien, so I preume that can be added to the list of Ballydoyle 2 yr olds. Regarding those four extra colts, the Montjue - Gwynn (Pour Moi) and the Hurricane Run - Cache Creek (Bayeux Tapestry) are with Andre Fabre, I understand. I'm still in the dark on the Storm Cat - Starry Dreamer (Factum) and the Galileo - Ziffany (Elysian Heights).

The Storm Cat ex Starry Dreamer is there alright but others are not.

Have added the Holy Alliance filly.

Please may I have Amen, the Galileo x Kitza colt that AOB mentioned favorably for the second half of the year.

Isn't it a little strange that Coolmore would have a horse/horses with Andre Fabre, given his exceedingly close current connection with Sheik Mohammed?

Indeed...interesting to see another Footsteps mentioned positively considering similar comments around the same time about Steinbeck.

My first impression is always to take these "mentions" with a heavy pinch of salt, but I remember him giving very positive mention for George Washington and Horatio Nelson their 2yo season as well amongst others.

Galileo ex Ziffany is with Jeremy Noseda apparently btw.

I'll have the last of the Sadlers Wells colts Notion... It wouldn;t be a surprise if he went out with a bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoyah
Missed off the last filly that makes 34

Johannesburg - Tacha (filly)

She should be a quick one

Galileo ex Sophisticat -
I remember Sophisticat winning the Coronation she was a nice filly

Sorry thats what i meant

Really good to see mares I remember racing producing foals now (only got into racing in 2003). Rumplestiltskin, Mona Lisa and Virginia Waters offspring should be interesting, particularly Mona Lisa who I thought was an under rated filly.

Really good to see Ardbrae Lady's first foal in action at Gowran tommorrow. I remember literally having the shirt off my back (admittedly e/w!) on her as a stone broke uni student a few years ago at the first meeting down at the Curragh. Top class she was not, but she was a very decent mare with plenty of cut in the ground. If she hadn't done the business at the Curragh that day I would have been in an absolutely desperate way.

Interesting to see if anything comes out of that maiden tommorrow. Been won by the likes of Henrythenavigator, Spartacus, Antonius Pius etc.

Type of race that you could easily see one of the Ballydoyle second/third strings win - or even the well bred Wachman's runner.

Type of race that you could easily see one of the Ballydoyle second/third strings win - or even the well bred Wachman's runner.

It's not that easy to discern a first string when Murtagh isn't there. O'Donoghue seems to be more decent opportunites in relation to Heffernan.

Got a bit of an interest in the 2.25 Ardbrae Lady colt - went to Tatts and he was my first pick through the ring.

Short enough (9/4) but def gonna watch.

Back