Ballydoyle 2 Year Olds 2010

Exodus leaves his previous form behind to absolutely bolt in at Navan - impossible to get a handle on some of their juveniles.

Exodus leaves his previous form behind to absolutely bolt in at Navan - impossible to get a handle on some of their juveniles.

They seem to be coming into form, four 2yo winners on Sunday, first, second and fourth in the fillies maiden yesterday and first, third and fourth in the colt's maiden.

Apologies for going off topic, but what do we make of Definightly in the Listed Sprint at the Curragh? Charlton does well with his runners at the Curragh. But I can't quite work out why it's declared to run at Ascot on Saturday and in Ireland on Sunday. If it rocks up at the Curragh it might be significant.

I would want to take on Long Live The King. Bundles of cash for the Prendergast (Giants Serapis) last time out and obviously Dubawi Star has already has beaten him. You can have the field.

Last edited:
I would want to take on Long Live The King. Bundles of cash for the Prendergast (Giants Serapis) last time out and obviously Dubawi Star has already has beaten him. You can have the field.

I thought Long Live The King looked decidedly awkward at Gowran. I actually think the leaders probably went off a shade too hard in that maiden ~ looks tough form to get a handle on.

Nucal's Star gives the Roscommon form a relatively solid look to it though I'm never entirely convinced whether money for a Prendergast juvenile first time up is a positive or negative if he fails to do the business first time round!

Mereli is another to throw into the mix, having put in a solid first effort at Gowran. Heard a whisper for him a while back (along with Casamento actually) and he was short enough in the market at Gowran as well in what looked a warm heat on paper.

Last edited:
Exodus looked crap on his second start much like Long Live The King but he went on to impress next time. Really tricky maiden - Dubawi Star got no run last time either.

I'm never entirely convinced whether money for a Prendergast juvenile first time up is a positive or negative if he fails to do the business first time round!

Ran a bit green. I would give him one more chance but I would want a bit bigger than 11/4.

Long Live The King hasn't looked like winning in his 2 starts-max lay
material.

Agreed but hard to see the market having him too big. The market was made of fool of last week with the early 5/2 Obligation at Dundalk. After thinking about it I would not want Giants Separis on my mind at the likely price. I can see the stable jockey being sent off a well backed fav if they think anything of him but it is pure guess work.

Curragh 5.25
Press Association

Betting Forecast: 5/1 Rossvoss, 6/1 Long Live The King, 15/2 Dubawi Star, 8/1 Giants Serapis, 10/1 Apache, 10/1 Diogenes, 16/1 Back Cover, 20/1 Naaseh, 25/1 Auguste Renoir, 25/1 Banksters Bonus, 25/1 Mereli, 50/1 Dodging Bullets, 50/1 Two Shots, 66/1 Alghanem, 66/1 Chroi Go Leir

Racing Post
BETTING FORECAST: 5/2 Long Live The King, 9/2 Dubawi Star, 11/2 Giants Serapis, 6/1 Back Cover, 6/1 Rossvoss, 10/1 Banksters Bonus, 12/1 Apache, 12/1 Mereli, 14/1 Naaseh, 16/1 Dodging Bullets, 33/1 Diogenes, 50/1 Alghanem, 50/1 Chroi Go Leir, 50/1 Two Shots, 100/1 Auguste Renoi

Back