87----Melendez----Daddy Longlegs
86----Gearoid----Raphael Santi
84----Galileo----Athens
84----Colin Phillips----Taigan
80----Nefertiti----Camelot
80----Euronymous----Plutorious
78----neo05----Wimpole Street
76----New Approach----Prophesy
Not much change since the last day. Could Bar the Bull hang on for his second title in three years? Camelot is the one that has the best chance of trumping me. It would be some going if the David McCabe horse takes home the bacon.

Daddy Long Legs has his big chance in the Champagne Stakes at Doncaster on Saturday. He was qualified to run in today's 300k sales race which looked easier, although 6f wouldn't be his thing, probably. Since Coolmore won it anyway it isn't so much of a positive.

Hard to be confident how much his maiden amounted to. I don't think O'Brien runs many superstars at Gowran, but then maybe forced into it by him screwing up in the stalls at Leopardstown. He didn't seem to be ridden with any great confidence but really picked up and stayed on well when asked from off the pace, maybe the others went a bit fast early for their ability. This competition aside, I quite like the attitude he showed, and I think he'll be quite good in the long run.

Personally I think he'll win this with an RPR of 114. I wouldn't see the currently available 1.04 on Betfair as being value.

Daddy Long Legs has his big chance in the Champagne Stakes at Doncaster on Saturday.

Good ground can only help his cause. The messing around he did at the start on his intended first run makes me think he has a mind of his own.

I just had a look at the Gowran race again. The runner up was front runner and ridden from a long way out, I think DLL got the run of the race in behind even if he did have to swerve out into the middle of the track, against moderate opposition. I'd imagine a big improvement is required to win on Saturday. He still did it nicely enough, but he's a "watch with interest" rather than betting material.

It was a shite maiden, no doubt about it. The Ger Lyons horse was bitterly disappointing.

Will the win by Reply in the Weatherby's race at Doncaster yesterday have any effect on the table?

Has anyone got Reply?

When was the last time an A.P.O'Brien had a 20/1 winner in Britain? His other runner was 28/1!

To be fair, it *is* very rare. Golden Sword won the '09 Chester Vase at 25s, but you have to go back to Landseer winning the '01 Coventry at 20s for another. And I think that's the lot!

I see no Camelot in entries for Beresford. Thought AMOB said this was his target. Anybody know if something happened him

Here are the latest scores in this illustrious competition. I would advise those who have yet to enter, or who have selected a horse who has yet to run to pick a horse that is more likely to shoot the lights out before the 6th November.

Otherwise, I might end up winning the whole shebang, with a David McCabe ridden horse; that wouldn’t be cool.

RPR-----Forumite-----Horse Name
106-----Bar the Bull-----Astrology
104-----jinnyj-----After
104-----Melendez-----Daddy Longlegs
99-----Sheikh-----Tenth Star
95-----trackside528-----Apollo
94-----Diamond Geezer-----Wrote
92-----Grey-----Choir
91-----Backhander-----Crusade
89-----Hamm-----Requisition
88-----Aragorn-----Among Equals
88-----Galileo-----Athens
86-----Gearoid-----Raphael Santi
84-----Colin Phillips-----Taigan
80-----Nefertiti-----Camelot
80-----Euronymous-----Plutorious
78-----neo05-----Wimpole Street
76-----New Approach-----Prophesy

Choir is entered on Sunday, as he has been on several other occasions over the last three months. Maybe he'll run this time, it's only out of deference to Bar and his competition that they've not run him since his promising performance at Naas.

I'm not sure how Dady LongLegs got a rating of 104 for his performance the last day, but I'm sure he can run at least 3lbs higher than that tomorrow. Hard to know what to make of the Jockey Bookings.

Back