Ballydoyle Horses 2011 Discussion and Comp

Entered for:--

National Stakes
Royal Lodge
Dewhurst
Racing Post Trophy
Derby

So I take it from this he is as slow as an ould boat!!

O'Brien enters everything in everything though.

God knows what their entry bill is at Ballydoyle but I bet its almost as much as all other irish trainers put together.

O'Brien enters everything in everything though.

God knows what their entry bill is at Ballydoyle but I bet its almost as much as all other irish trainers put together.

True, but as the Ballydoyle/Coolmore racing and breeding operations are so closely tied together they cannot afford to have their good horses left out of the important races. The alternative is to supplement, but this would cost them a significantly greater amount when they are not averse to running half a dozen in the Derby for example.

I cut and past their entries at the start of the season. Some right dirt got lofty entries.

Galileo, I presume....nice to look forward to.

Thanks for that, Miesque. Never could have expected such quick responses as yours and Gearoid's on another thread.

Whatever your motivations, Miesque and Gearoid, you are stars! Thanks.

Btw, pedigree research sounds fascinating to me - not a bad way to spend the working hours. X-ray viewing???

Miesque, re Camelot do you know if the Beresford is in the picture?

Annemarie O'Brien tweeted a few days ago that Camelot might run next in the Beresford.

It's worth bearing this in mind when weighing up the current 16/1 about Camelot for the Derby or a short price on his next run.

Leopardstown (IRE) Result
14 Jul 2011

Ballydoyle talking horse CAMELOT did the job in very straightforward fashion here. Held up in rear while his two stable companions helped ensure the race wasn´t run at a crawl, he quickened through to lead inside the final furlong and went about his job in a professional manner. It´s a long way off knowing whether he´s a potential classic horse, but he´s bound to improve plenty and it was certainly a very nice start, without being a whole lot more.

The second beaten 2 lengths on the above run was the useless All Approved who is rated 76 after falling to win on six starts this season. Joseph was 1lb overweight too mind! So he has zero form in the book and a very loft reputation. He will be a very short price in the Beresford and it will be on the home work reports alone. So is he an aeroplane or not? Would you take 16/1 for the Epson Derby now?

It's worth bearing this in mind when weighing up the current 16/1 about Camelot for the Derby or a short price on his next run.

Leopardstown (IRE) Result
14 Jul 2011

Ballydoyle talking horse CAMELOT did the job in very straightforward fashion here. Held up in rear while his two stable companions helped ensure the race wasn´t run at a crawl, he quickened through to lead inside the final furlong and went about his job in a professional manner. It´s a long way off knowing whether he´s a potential classic horse, but he´s bound to improve plenty and it was certainly a very nice start, without being a whole lot more.

The second beaten 2 lengths on the above run was the useless All Approved who is rated 76 after falling to win on six starts this season. Joseph was 1lb overweight too mind! So he has zero form in the book and a very loft reputation. He will be a very short price in the Beresford and it will be on the home work reports alone. So is he an aeroplane or not? Would you take 16/1 for the Epson Derby now?

The third and fourth, both Ballydoyle horses, have been beaten since too. Fort Sam Houston (beaten 6l by Camelot) was 2nd at Killarney, beaten 3/4l by a Jessie newcomer. Canary Wharf (beaten just over 6l by Camelot) was beaten just a bit more by stablemate Requisition at Galway yesterday.

The form of the race entitles the horse to be nothing more than a potentially useful sort. Not one to take a short price about unless you believe the home reports. Funny how on that card the "judges" were impressed with Camelot and not with Maybe beating La Collina. Best to make your own mind up.

Last edited:
Most Ballydoyle horses are aeroplanes. I think you'll find that Camelot was a fucking aeroplane.

The phrase "fucking aeroplane" is not one thrown around lightly. It all makes Camelot's next run rather intriguing. I will be a layer if their is anything of substance in opposition.

Tarascon wasnt a looker either!! Thanks Miesque - you couldnt have a word with Aidan to get that fella on to the track please!!!

Sure, no problem :rolleyes: Call him a three year old type though.

Whatever your motivations, Miesque and Gearoid, you are stars! Thanks.

Btw, pedigree research sounds fascinating to me - not a bad way to spend the working hours. X-ray viewing???

Sales setup - 36 xrays go into the repository for each yearling and Keeneland's deadline for that plus EVA cert.s is the 8th.

Miesque, re Camelot do you know if the Beresford is in the picture?

Yes, to my knowledge it's in the frame.

Back