Ballydoyle Horses 2011 Discussion and Comp

I think Learn is the best bet EVER. A guaranteed winner **

** slight edit to earlier post.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be a layer given the lack of strength for anything else in the market. I would take a pretty positive view of the Galway maiden as well.

I thought he looked a bit slow. I'm surprised looking back at the form how far away the third was, but even so, I reckon he's worth taking on at 1.5ish tonight despite the lack of support for anything else.

Power apart, I think we've done pretty well so far in covering most of the smart-looking Ballydoyle maiden winners.

I would make Nefertiti the favourite to claim the prize at this stage.

Edit: forgot about Maybe; she must be favourite to claim top the list. Nobody has her I presume?

Last edited:
Power apart, I think we've done pretty well so far in covering most of the smart-looking Ballydoyle maiden winners.

I would make Nefertiti the favourite to claim the prize at this stage.

Edit: forgot about Maybe; she must be favourite to claim top the list. Nobody has her I presume?

Thanks, trackside. Oddly enough, I think your Apollo is a really good bet for the top spot. He looks very good to me - good luck. Maybe and possibly Was are very good, but I think as usual the colts will have a higher rating. The game is afoot!

Slightly more sophisticated selection criteria than Melendez. Only slightly.

He is called Astrology, so I thought they wouldn't waste a decent name like that on a Galileo unless he could lift a leg.

And then I saw that he was by a G1 winner and entered in the Dewhurst, National Stakes and RP Trophy.

And the horse I picked earlier Betterbetterbetter has no entries.

I used the very same reasoning to switch from Accept to Skyphos. Here's hoping Skyphos makes his debut soon.

RPR----Forumite----Horse Name
104----jinnyj----After
99----Sheikh----Tenth Star
95----trackside528----Apollo
92----Grey----Choir
88----Aragorn----Among Equals
87----Melendez----Daddy Longlegs
86----Gearoid----Raphael Santi
84----Colin Phillips----Taigan
80----Nefertiti----Camelot
80----Euronymous----Plutorious
76----New Approach----Prophesy
76----Hamm----Requisition

The latest league table above. There should be a fair bit of movement in the next week, with the following horses entered in good maidens and group races at York and Limerick Junction in the next week or so:

After (JinnyJ), Plutorious (Euronymous), Requisition (Hamm), Athens (Galileo), Crusade (Backhander), Tibet (Narcotic Nora) and Wrote (Diamond Geezer). Astrology (Bar the Bull) will probably get a rating in the low 80s for his win last night (RPR not up on the Racing Post website yet).

RPR----Forumite----Horse
106----Bar the Bull----Astrology
104----jinnyj----After
92----Grey----Choir
81----Galileo----Athens
76----Hamm----Requisition

Diamond Geezer's Wrote won at Cork, and can probably expect a mark in the low to mid 80s.

RPR----Forumite----Horse Name
106----Bar the Bull----Astrology
104----jinnyj----After
92----Grey----Choir
91----Backhander----Crusade
84----Galileo----Athens
80----Diamond Geezer----Wrote *
78----neo05----Wimpole Street
76----Hamm----Requisition *

* Wrote and Requisition both won maidens at the weekend, and I don't have their RPR to hand yet.

Back