Barney Curley

No but most trainers don't run four horses on a day which haven't been sighted with a telescope in their last few runs and pop them all in multiple bets and back them into oblivion.
That was the beauty of the coup.

And I simply don't know what to make of BC!

Is he saying we shouldn't expect one of his runners to be singled out for heavy support?

That's the line MPs used when they fiddled their expenses, oh the system was open to it.

Doesn't mean it's right.

That's the line MPs used when they fiddled their expenses, oh the system was open to it.

Doesn't mean it's right.

no its not..i never said it was..but its how it is..i don't see anyone rushing to change anything though - most people racing are pretty self centred - so as long as they are gaining by the way the secrecy works then long will it continue

That's fair enough but the more people from outside the sport will be put off and eventually the sport will hang itself with it's own insular attitude.

The progressives should be lynching folk like Curley for taking racing back 50 years.

He hasn't laid any of his own horses so he hasn't really done anything wrong....

Bit like the bookmakers pricing of the Grand National this year... A complete racket to use the phrase of another internet poster...

An eye for an eye I say...

That's fair enough but the more people from outside the sport will be put off and eventually the sport will hang itself with it's own insular attitude.

The progressives should be lynching folk like Curley for taking racing back 50 years.

didn't see a lynch mob for henderson..i saw a lot of apologists on forums though

actually..when outsiders see racing people stick up for henderson..its puts them off

all i'm saying is there is no difference between henderson and BC..well there is..henderson is a proven cheat..whereas BC is just branded it

if you have a sport where a certain type of cheating is allowed..how can someone who plays within thsoe rules get more stick than a proven cheat?

its all down to personality ..and folks gullibleness re personality..aaah he's a nice cheat..he's ok really..must have been errorr of judgement..in fact..let me list all possible excuses for th nice cheat..but first time perceived not nice cheat uses the system..lets flay him eh

i'm not arguing about the rights and wrongs of the sport..i'm just tired of..oooh lets jump on the bandwagomn and knock someone who it seems others love knocking..thats what i'm against..the sheep who have no individual opinions bar..ooh everyone loves it when he does wrong..i'll jump on the bandwagon.

it were same with fallon..some really nasty people on forums venting jealousy and hatred for him under the guise of ..ooh i hate cheats..when in fact its..ooh i hate fallon..i'm loving it cos he's under the cosh...pitiful people imo.

He hasn't laid any of his own horses so he hasn't really done anything wrong....

Bit like the bookmakers pricing of the Grand National this year... A complete racket to use the phrase of another internet poster...

An eye for an eye I say...

its same old story Aragorn..folks are getting fleeced week in week out..not a dickie bird..then BC's name comes up..and out come the vultures

every day.. near on ..clerks of courses are emptying al lot of pockets with selective watering..and at big courses..then lying about it afterwards..and some interenet punters come on and stick up for them..cos they see the clerks as ..their in crowd...the old cronyism is so rife in racing its unreal..its basically..well i know my pal has done a shit job but i'll stick up for him cos he's me pal isn't he?.. its sickening really..this sort of stuff is what sickens me in the sport..not someone playing the game back.

there is a thread on here about selective watering..buts its gone down like a lead balloon..as did the one last year re Ascot ..because people won't accept they are being played by courses to suit the bookies.

there is a massive thread on betfair ..CLERKWATCH...showing what a lot of nonsense the going stick is..and how courses have been fookin the watering up and giving false going reports for a hell of a long time

no comment much on here or other forums..until Hugh Taylor speaks up..then its ..oh i'll grow a backbone now Hugh's said something..Robert99..for instance..last year calling me a liar and idiot for saying courses selectively water..now he is up HT's ass agreeing with him.

punters are having their arse fleeced off them day in day out..and then some still stick up for those fleecing em ...but lets start a thread demonising BC..cos i know I'll get lots of support from others with hatred and bias to display..sad sad sad

Last edited:
I'll criticise the lot, I've slated Henderson, Fallon, Clerks of the Course, you name them.

If the Bookmakers keep doing their money on these multiples (take Wetherby tonight) they'll simply cap multiple payouts at about £100k and restrict everyone on them.

The "owner pays the bills so is entitled to inside info" line is such bollocks. In no other sport would you get away with that mentality.
I think they can and do, particularly dog racing.
Curley has done nothing wrong at all, personally I have much more problems with pacemakers being used by the big stables when the rules of racing strictly prohibit such practices.

Agapanthus has found his form well after 6 starts of being tailed off and going off at massive prices, Curley has clearly found the key to him and he's won two on the bounce.

He's done nothing wrong though...

That handicap mark was of course achieved naturally.

Agapanthus has found his form well after 6 starts of being tailed off and going off at massive prices, Curley has clearly found the key to him and he's won two on the bounce.

Gosh, could this be -- deception, pure & simple?!!:blink:
Should deception be condoned?
Because another set of people do it, does that make it ok for a certain individual to also do it?
Weell, perhaps, perhaps not, depends ... dificult to call though ....
I leave it to others.
:rolleyes:

did you start a thread about the others though Stan?

I'll criticise the lot, I've slated Henderson, Fallon, Clerks of the Course, you name them.

If the Bookmakers keep doing their money on these multiples (take Wetherby tonight) they'll simply cap multiple payouts at about £100k and restrict everyone on them.

i don't think you do axtually criticise everyone do you though?

http://talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14635&highlight=henderson

thats the main thread on Henderson..12 pages..not one comment from you..he we are on a BC thread..which you started..and have posted numerous times on

but you say you aren't biased - I think you are

Hello! What has Barney done wrong?

Blatantly not ran horses on their merits. Do you seriously think that Agapanthus prior to winning at Brighton?!

As for the Henderson thread EC1, I'm not online all the time. I was changing jobs and moving from Sheffield to Brighton around that time, sorry I wasn't on here slating Nicky Henderson. If you have a flick through the forum though (you've clearly got the time) I've criticised plenty of other trainers for not running horses on their merits.

Blatantly not ran horses on their merits. Do you seriously think that Agapanthus prior to winning at Brighton?!

As for the Henderson thread EC1, I'm not online all the time. I was changing jobs and moving from Sheffield to Brighton around that time, sorry I wasn't on here slating Nicky Henderson. If you have a flick through the forum though (you've clearly got the time) I've criticised plenty of other trainers for not running horses on their merits.

yes it took all of 60 seconds to check that Stan ;)

I still think you have it in for BC:)..you aren't on your own with not criticising Henderson..at least you didn't make excuses for him like some did on that thread

I remember when Punjabi ran 1st time last season in the Boylesports. Henderson said before the race when interviewed that he was not expecting to win and that the horse was not fully fit before quickly correcting himself saying "it would be great to win and of course it's an important race" etc etc.

Is it really, then how is the pacemaker running on its merits?
If this is correct it's just another reason for me to concentrate on football, cricket etc, and to hell with horse racing.

An eye for an eye? But's it's Joe Punter that is left blind.

Not really - The bookies took a hammering... Why has Joe Punter lost out? I didn't lose out because I didn;t bet on those races but was pleased to see the bookies get turned over. They take the p!ss constantly... I went racing a little while ago and without really looking placed an each way bet with a rails bookie. Afterwards I realised that he was paying 1/6 odds... The Grand national pricing, the constant fixing of ring money, the push towards all weather racing where no bugger turns up so SP manipulation is nice and simple, the rush to go offshore and avoid taxes and levies, the constant schmoozing and near symbiotic relationship with the press and media... None of it's aimed to help the sport. I believe in bookmaking circles they may call it improving the product... Bollocks. It's a fleece job and when racing wants a bit back they all conveniently forget about "improving the product".

I'm under no illusion that racing needs bookmakers and the advent of other sports betting has put that relationship under pressure but they have been taking the p!ss for some time and watching one bloke, through careful planning and some bravado and balls, manage to pull off a huge sting certainly sits fine with me.

Not really - The bookies took a hammering... Why has Joe Punter lost out?

Well if Bookies are losing money to folk like Curley, they have to make it up elsewhere hence why all the things you are bemoaning are a consequence of gambles like Curley's.

Brilliant..... Barney Curley is responsible for those 155% books.... Give me a break Stan...

Not directly but it's a contributing factor. If you're a bookmaker and you do hundreds of thousands in one gamble, if it happens regularly enough, you have to make it up elsewhere and as such, you look to things like percentages and reducing concessions.

It's basic economics. Bookmakers are out for one thing; make money. Like it or not, that's the reality of it and if people take substantial amounts from them, they need to win it back somehow and Curley isn't going to be giving it back on morning BAGS.

Back