Battle Of The Forums

I nominate Betsmate for captain. I'm in. Excellent format.

Fair point Gearoid...I dont particularly want to be captain and I aint going to be one of the twelve. Happy to have someone else be the captain.

Hmmm. I wasn't going to turn out for the TRF team but having just read JDCF's post I think we might have a no-holds-barred boxing match as a side attraction. :rant:

Slow response on here - anyone would think you guys were running a little, er, scared!

You shouldn't be afraid guys. Approach it as a learning exercise and then the whipping won't be so hard to bear.

Ordinarily I'd put my name down for it.

However it's certainly not a case of running scared, more a case of running about like a blue-arsed fly! I'm forever on the go, especially in the mornings, so am so busy I really couldn't guarantee (in fact there's slim to no chance!) that I could get near a pc in time to post before racing.

I might be able to stick something up the night before though if needs be so if you're desperate you can call on me and I could try.

of the two forums...this one has the better judges...whilst I was over on TRF it wasn't rare for a big race to be posted up and NOT one person got the winner :shy:

there are a few shrewdies though over there...Clive ain't one though :D

Chris would probably take them singlehanded :)

forecast odds

TH 1/2
TRF 2/1

good luck Talking Horses...you won't need it though :laughing:

You can f*ck right off, you cheeky, arrogant, sod!!!

In fact that's a massive insult - if you think that of people on here then feck right off.

Let's have the stick from TRF. It will make their eating of humble pie all the more enjoyable. Bring it on!

I had a right job copying and pasting this from TRF...it's that funny I were havin to hold me sides :what:

On the other forum theyve asked for Steepledowns to be included

God help them....

:brows:

comedy isn't a strength of the writer as you can see

don't go giving the day job up Clive...unless it's comedy cry

Tout Seul
chrisbeekracing
an capall
Bar the Bull
Irish Stamp
Melendez
Euronymous
Gaz's Way De Solzen (signed up but I think is now down for TRF which is fine)
jairducochetfan
Desperate Dan
Merlin the Magician
betsmate
trackside528
uncle goober
Gearoid
sunybay
Shadow Leader

All the above are happy enough to be in the mix? I know some are not definite (SL etc) but if we need subs etc at the last minute they have to have put their names down on this before the deadline. Good turn out...strong team from that bunch. So anyone else interested? More the better...

Originally posted by Galileo@Jan 4 2008, 09:45 PM
All the above are happy enough to be in the mix?
First player to be dropped

1/7 Merlin the Magician
5/1 chrisbeekracing
9/1 Euronymous
9/1 jairducochetfan
9/1 Desperate Dan
9/1 betsmate
9/1 uncle goober
9/1 sunybay
9/1 Irish Stamp
9/1 Tout Seul
1000/1
Melendez}
trackside528}
an capall }
Gearoid }
Bar the Bull} (combinded, nothing to do with nationality)

Galileo i would willingly have a go but im no way an expert like you guys ..I would certainly be "The Weakest Link".. Sorry :shy:

If you want to stick me in, I'll have a go. I might need PMing the evening before to remind me to post the night before though!!!!

Bonne chance mes braves!

I would have volunteered, but in spite of having a winning 2007, every time I put up a tip on here it runs a stinker. Can't take the pressure, I suppose!

Tipping isn't my strong point so I won't weaken the team by putting my name forward. It's going to be interesting to see how this competition goes, both sides are going to have very strong line ups and I'm looking forward to seeing who's going to come out on top.....and have the bragging rights!

Good man BJ....remember first two days take place next Saturday and Sunday at Cheltenham and Leopardstown respectively.

Full list of those that put forward themselves for nomination (unless there is a late entry by Monday):
Tout Seul
chrisbeekracing
an capall
Bar the Bull
Irish Stamp
Melendez
Euronymous
jairducochetfan
Desperate Dan
Merlin the Magician
betsmate
trackside528
uncle goober
Gearoid
sunybay
Shadow Leader
Bobbyjo

I have all but finalised the first day's players. So thats Cheltenham this Saturday. Competition quickly moves on to Leopardstown on the Sunday with pairings.

Is everyone who put their name down still available? Remember declarations for both meetings close at 10am on Friday morning so you have loads of time to get the selections in.

Back