Battle Of The Forums

Useful

Grassy is a bit of a legend on a few boards

You will get used to him

His only flaw is he thinks NH is actually horse racing :laughing:

if that don't flush him nowt will

Not many people know this but Grasshopper is actually an 89 year old spinster from Inverness who spends her spare time knitting, sending letter bombs and posting on racing forums. She puts her long life down to her annual summer hibernation.

Originally posted by useful@Jan 22 2008, 09:51 PM
Trackside you've lost me?
Fear not, Useful, you'll get to know and love the intricacies of the 'Hopper in time!

If you like the all-weather stuff, he's your man. :nuts:

Originally posted by trackside528+Jan 23 2008, 12:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trackside528 @ Jan 23 2008, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-useful@Jan 22 2008, 09:51 PM
Trackside you've lost me?
Fear not, Useful, you'll get to know and love the intricacies of the 'Hopper in time!

If you like the all-weather stuff, he's your man. :nuts: [/b][/quote]
You don't half like to stir it :D

Right guys the pairings for Sunday’s Leopardstown card are as follows:

Gearoid sunybay

Betsmate trackside528

Jairducochetfan an capall

Bar the Bull Irish Stamp

Melendez Tout Seul

Bobbyjo Euronymous

I will get back to you regarding who your facing at some stage in the next couple of days plus where to put up your selections etc. IF YOU CANNOT PLAY THIS WEEKEND MAKE SURE YOU LET ME KNOW ASAP.

The competition runs over 4 days with days 1 and 4 being singles and days 2 and 3 being pairs events.

The matches for days 1 and 2 are as follows -

Day 1 (Saturday 26th January)
Singles - The 12 players from each team are drawn against one another in matches. Each player picks six win selections from the day's racing (any races of their choice) and the winner is simply the player who makes most level stakes profit from their selections. Whoever wins each match wins a point for the team. Tied games are halved.

Fixtures

Underscore Vs Melendez
Crizzy Vs Tout Seul
Adrian Vs Bar The Bull
Friggo Vs Jairducochetfan
Micky Mo 73 Vs Betsmate
Aranalde Vs Gearoid
Quadrilla Vs Sunybay
Letsgetracing Vs Desperate Dan
Andybeax Vs Irish Stamp
Dandan Vs Chrisbeekracing
Chloed Vs An Capall
Danny Vs Shadow Leader

Reserves For TH are
a) Headstrong
b) Euronymous
c) Merlin The Magician
d) trackside 528
e) Uncle Goober
f) Bobbyjo

In the event that any of our players fail to turn out the selections of the reserve will be substituted.

Day 2 - (Sunday 27th January)
Best ball - The 12 players each then play with one of their own team against a pair from the other team. Each member selects six selections from nominated races. Each pair will both select horses in the same set of races, meaning that each team will have two selections per race in each of their six nominated races. The best finisher from the two horses selected by each team counts for scoring purposes. Effectively 6 'pairs' matches. Again SP decides the outcome. Given the limited number of races at Leopardstown it has been decided at add some extra UK fixtures to the Sunday.

The fixtures and their nominated races are as follows -

Underscore and Crizzy VS Gearoid and Sunybay
1.20 Leopardstown (Leo) 3.30 Leo 1.05 Kelso (Kel) 2.05 Kel 1.45 Southwell (Sou) 3.25 Sou

Adrian and Friggo Vs Betsmate and trackside 528
1.50 Leo 4.30 Leo 1.25 Kempton (Kem) 3.35 Kem 2.15 Sou 2.50 Sou

MickyMo and Aranalde Vs Jairducochetfan and An Capall
2.20 leo 4.00 Leo 3.05 Kem 3.55 Sou 4.25 Sou 1.35 Kel

Quadrilla and letsgetracing Vs Bar The Bull and Irish Stamp
12.50 Leo 2.55 Leo 1.35 Kel 3.15 Kel 1.55 Kem 4.40 Kem

Andybeax and Dandan Vs Melendez and Tout Seul
3.15 Kel 3.45 Kel 4.05 Kem 2.55 Leo 4.30 Leo 3.55 Sou

Chloed and Danny Vs BobbyJo and Euronymous.
2.40 Kel 4.15 Kel 2.30 Kem 4.05 Kem 4.00 Leo 2.50 Sou

NO RESERVES FOR THIS DAY! If only one player turns up from the pairing then that team will only have 1 selection per race and will be at a disadvantage. If neither of the pair turn up then the team forfeits that point.

Best of luck everybody.

"If only one player turns up from the pairing then that team will only have 1 selection per race and will be at a disadvantage"

The pressure is on Sunybay then.

Howdie Brig. I am surviving on here, just!

Galileo, I am surprised TRF dont have carvillshill on their team? He posts a tipping thread on their site and is showing a handsome level stakes profit.

Any idea why?

Post your six selections here for Saturday's racing - day 1 of the Battle of the Forums..

They can be from any Irish/UK meeting. The aim is to make as big a level stakes profit from your selections as you can.

You can post some substitutes in case of non-runners.

Ok, I'll stick mine up now :

1300 Cheltenham Razor Royale
1410 Cheltenham Maljimar
1550 Cheltenham Inglis Drever
1250 Doncaster Mughas
1500 Doncaster Ungaro
1530 Doncaster One Gulp

Guys, just had a thought.

Shouldn't the tips be submitted by PM to Gal, and then be posted at a pre agreed time by both forums?

If you go publicly posting your tips who is to say those TRF charlatans wont nick our tips???

Navan 15:10 Quatre Heures
Navan 14:35 Gusda
Navan 13:30 Larkwing
Chelt 13:00 What A Friend
Chelt 14:40 Neptune Collonges
Donc 15:00 Yardbird
RESERVE
Chelt 16:25 Five Dream

12:20 Doncaster: Khyber Kim
1:35 Cheltenham: Boomshakalaka
2:10 Cheltenham: Patman Du Charmil
3:15 Cheltenham: Tatenen
3:30 Doncaster: Battlecry
3:50 Cheltenham: Inglis Drever

Reserves:
2:50 Lingfield: Silver Pivotal
2:40 Cheltenham: Faasel

Normally this is the weekend that I take the wife to Cheltenham together with a friend and his wife. The object of the exercise is to demonstrate that she wouldn't like to go to the ever so more crowded Festival and that I always win at Cheltenham and therefore she need not worry that I will go overboard at the Festival.

The first part is easily accomplished and for the second I am devious. First I show her the amount of cash that I am holding, ( accidently forgetting the far larger sum
that I have in another pocket). This means that I always end up with more cash to show her at the end of the day than I 'had' to start with. Fortunately it has always proved to be a profitable day's racing with some notable pickups such as the day that Young Spartacus won when I backed him in a large single and in a decent double with a runner at Doncaster which produced several thousand in cash or the day I backed Akilak at 50/1.
When you walk back to the hotel and cover the bed in notes it creates a very favourable impression. Anyway I digress.
Doncaster looks a better card for betting purposes though I would like to know whether the ground will be drying out. Cheltenham looks a little weak outside of the star races and it is not unusual to see some of the favourites overturned. One is not going to accumulate a good score by backing short priced horses, a rather obvious point nor does a place win a prize in this comp. So a bit of a mix and match in one's selections is required. I reckon I've got one good priced winner and 2 more if the ground is right at Doncaster.However I am then left hoping that my run of luck at the meeting will get me through at Chetenham even though I won't be there.

Off time of first race is 12.20 (Doncaster) - Remember all selections have to be made by then.

(This has been posted on TRF also)

Back