Bay Hawk? Update Please!

Kathy

I notice Bay Hawk runs at Sandown tomorrow.

What do you make of the Gifford runner. It shis first for the Stewarts as far as I know, and the RP tip it.

What wins iyo?

Kathy he *will* be famous! - Bay Hawk that is :D Brendan already is :P

I think the Hawk is going to start favourite tomorrow! - Good Luck

Bay Hawk is famous to us, and 'famous racehorses' is our website so that is okay!

His half sister Jenny Potts ran well, 5th again, of 13, in the bumper, beaten about 12 lengths on her second start. Connections are pleased with her, and with Bay Hawk! They know the dam improved with age so they are happy for Jenny to be doing so well so young.

She is with len Lungo, hope they bring her donw our way so we can see if she looks like Bay hawk. She did resemble him as a foal but has some white marking on her face.

Go Hawk go!

Thanks for all your support, and for the Jenny Potts updates, Isinglass. :)

I have to admit I am really nervous today. If The Hawk finished in the first four I would be more than happy. Anything better than that would be a bonus.

Sam is a very competent jockey who is fairly recently back from a second collarbone injury. I just hope both Sam and The Hawk come back safe and sound.

I am away in London straight after the race so may not be able to give any updates until Saturday afternoon - unless I can locate computer access before that.

Useful, I have no idea who will win today. :brows:

RP Spotlight:

Bay Hawk

Really found his feet lately after nearly a year off and, although this is going to be much tougher than either his Fontwell or Folkestone wins on slow ground the last twice, he has looked ahead of the handicapper; went well for this rider on the Flat and acts on quicker ground so thereabouts.

nothings been said here now, but any updates Kathy? Looked to us as if he did not enjoy the ground? Hope Bay Hawk is ok. He has done you proud.

He is fine, Crazyhorse. He came 8th. We had a great time at Sandown. Bay Hawk's legs are fine and we are looking forward to his next run. :)

Bay Hawk entered for Warwick on Sunday. Not sure who the jockey will be yet, as usual if you prefer one particular jockey you have to see where their commitment is on that particular day. Also have to see how the ground is and of course if he even gets into the race.

I am grateful for having Mick ride Bay Hawk as often as he has done... but if he is free and at Warwick on Sunday then I am sure connections would be delighted to have him on board. That said, I am sure other jockeys have schooled Bay Hawk at home so I will be happy with whoever Brendan jocks up.

Bay Hawk's OR is now 104.

Here we are folks, a bit of Brendan Powell trivia for you.

In 2006 Brendan had 47 NH winners. With Which Pocket winning today at Chepstow (at 16/1 :clap: ) he has now equalled the 2006 total. If Bay Hawk wins tomorrow (big ask) then he will beat the 2006 total. Something most trainers want to achieve year on year I assume.

Come on The Hawk.. absolutely no pressure! :)

Bay Hawk is going to have a well earned break. Mick said he ran very flat in places today. He will be back! :)

Just to say i was there yesterday (son is studying at Warwick Uni). Sorry to hear that he ran flat but nice that he came back sound.

Was disappointed though that so many horses were withdrawn on the day - made most of the card a farce.

Glad Bay Hawk finished the race safe @ sound....... :) how long will his break be ?

Has he come out of the race ok this morning :)

The break will probably only be 4-5 weeks, Zebs. The turf season will have started then, so that is another option open to us.

Desperate for Brendan Powell to get his 48th winner for the NH season - to beat last years total of 47!

The race has gone to a stewards enquiry for Blaze Ahead's front running brilliant win at Huntingdon - but I am pretty confident he will keep it.

If he does, that will be a brilliant result for the Brendan Powell team today!

Bay Hawk is to be entered for an amateurs ladies race next Saturday night at Newbury (where my Dad works), sponsored by my friends, Wayne and Sarah Clifford (Bathwick Tyres) and ridden by the ever smiling Clare Wills! This is what owning racehorses is all about. A trainer that thinks, asks your opinion and puts together a package I could only have ever dreamed about. :)

Oh, and that Welsh chappie The X Factor runner up Rhydian is performing after the racing. Not sure if that is a bonus or not. :P

Mind you, a lot can go wrong in a week :brows: and this is just at the planning stage at the moment.

Bay Hawk, Clare, Michael and me in the winner's enclosure at Newbury (3rd Dht) Saturday 31st May 2008

BayHawk-1.jpg

Clare's Mum took this one!

Back