Bet 365 Sandown Gold Cup

M

marbler

I am keen on the Tom George trained, Chartreux, at the bottom of the weights here. A course winner lto, the application of the tongue tie recently may have brought about a bit of improvement.

Either way he comes into the race well, his on-the-pace running style should ensure he'll have a few off the bridle in this event, imo.:D

Backed this horse at big prices today, here's hoping!

Last edited:
ARDKILLY WITNESS
8 b g Witness Box - Ardkilly Angel.
Useful staying handicap hurdler rated 135 at best and transferred that ability in five chase outings this season winning one off 133 but possibly better effort in defeat latest start off 136 when four lengths fifth to Bally Legend in competitive three mile handicap at Kempton February 22.
"He's in great form but we decided to miss Cheltenham and Aintree because he wants to go right-handed so he's being trained for the bet365 Chase at Sandown on the last day of the season. I'm looking forward to that and he will probably run in a novice chase on April 6 at Market Rasen which should set him up for Sandown. He wants genuine good ground and isn't a slow horse and I think he'll stay."

This horse's proximity in the last year to Hollywell, Smad Place, Relax, Bally Legend & Milborough lead me to believe he is on a handy mark. He has C/D form is better right-handed, his Hurdle rating of 134 suggests his chase rating of 136 is lenient. Trainer was clever enough to win a novice chase l/t/o as no penalty which as he suggests should put him spot on for this his target. 5pts e/way 15.5 betfair - no place market yet.

Are any of you lot going? I'm doing the racemaker thingy there Saturday, please come and talk to me!!! (By the paddock, crazy hair)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARDKILLY WITNESS
8 b g Witness Box - Ardkilly Angel.
Useful staying handicap hurdler rated 135 at best and transferred that ability in five chase outings this season winning one off 133 but possibly better effort in defeat latest start off 136 when four lengths fifth to Bally Legend in competitive three mile handicap at Kempton February 22.
"He's in great form but we decided to miss Cheltenham and Aintree because he wants to go right-handed so he's being trained for the bet365 Chase at Sandown on the last day of the season. I'm looking forward to that and he will probably run in a novice chase on April 6 at Market Rasen which should set him up for Sandown. He wants genuine good ground and isn't a slow horse and I think he'll stay."

This horse's proximity in the last year to Hollywell, Smad Place, Relax, Bally Legend & Milborough lead me to believe he is on a handy mark. He has C/D form is better right-handed, his Hurdle rating of 134 suggests his chase rating of 136 is lenient. Trainer was clever enough to win a novice chase l/t/o as no penalty which as he suggests should put him spot on for this his target. 5pts e/way 15.5 betfair - no place market yet.

https://www.timeform.com/Racing/Art...Preview_More_of_the_same_is_the_best_medicine

Are the final decs made today for this race?

If someone spots them could you put them up please, cheers.

Last edited:
Are any of you lot going? I'm doing the racemaker thingy there Saturday, please come and talk to me!!! (By the paddock, crazy hair)

yes i am

but if you are lonely thats your problem

I am keen on the Tom George trained, Chartreux, at the bottom of the weights here. A course winner lto, the application of the tongue tie recently may have brought about a bit of improvement.

Either way he comes into the race well, his on-the-pace running style should ensure he'll have a few off the bridle in this event, imo.:D

Backed this horse at big prices today, here's hoping!

Yep. Havent examined it in full yet but lovely jumper and won with a bit in hand last time. Not overraced this season if i recall rightly too

When did they move all the flat races to the Friday? I thought the mixed nature of this card made it one of the better Saturday's of the season. Now it's a bit meh.

When did they move all the flat races to the Friday? I thought the mixed nature of this card made it one of the better Saturday's of the season. Now it's a bit meh.

Agree 100% - it's just another Saturday card -years ago it was a bit special.

Seven races with a minimum value of £30k is hardly 'just another Saturday card'.

It's bordering on festival (small f) quality. It's more of a 'best of' Saturday cards from two or three different courses.

Between that and all the £20k+ Flat races elsewhere around the country tomorrow, it's given me an unusually busy couple of days' study. Thank goodness for 48h decs...

Oh the last thing I will be is lonely Clive, Im perfectly content in my own company :ninja:

I shall just bring along my alter ego to talk to for a bit if I get ignored, she's cool (if mischevious)

I will look out for you. Where by paddock will you be?

Not sure yet, I've got to hang out there until after the big race and from the sounds of things we aren't allowed to wear the jackets at Sandown - presumably we will have other ways for people to identify us though!! I'm the fat blondeish qipco representative....

Christ there are many worse Saturdays than this

I'm going both days and at one time I would have said the mixed card is a great novelty. Not now

Overall much stronger meeting and I much prefer the two codes separated.

On Twitter

Lashing with rain all night here near Sandown. Track was watered yesterday. Ground will no doubt be on the bad side of soft

i put a bet on THERES NO PANIC for this race early this morning but today he did not make thew cut, could anybody tell me if this will count as an antepost bet even though i only placed the bet the day before the race.

ladbrokes are trying to have me over. i do not know the rules propery

i put a bet on THERES NO PANIC for this race early this morning but today he did not make thew cut, could anybody tell me if this will count as an antepost bet even though i only placed the bet the day before the race.

ladbrokes are trying to have me over. i do not know the rules propery

Should get refunded if balloted out

Should get refunded if balloted out

thanks for the reply, it didn't make the cut but after todays final declarations ladbrokes says it's antepost and therefore i lose the bet, some crazy rules, but my fault for not making sure the horse was likely to make the cut

Back