Bet 365 Sandown Gold Cup

i put a bet on THERES NO PANIC for this race early this morning but today he did not make thew cut, could anybody tell me if this will count as an antepost bet even though i only placed the bet the day before the race.

ladbrokes are trying to have me over. i do not know the rules propery

Found this on GG.com for you.

http://www.gg.com/forum/topic.php?id=3454&page=1&offset=0&dst=0

Read the post at the top and bottom about the man who had a 1000 anti-post, horse was balloted, man got his money back, AT Ladbrokes.

I sincerely hope Chartreux was balloted out, but I'm not banking on it. How nice it would be if there was a website to document these things?

Last edited:
Ladbrokes staff don't know the rules themselves - it's as Marb points out, or if the bet was timed after 10 00 it isn't ante-post anway.

I wasn't sure about Chartreux, I knew his rating was 133, the minimum rating/weight in the race is Venetia's two outsiders on 134, so this inspired the confidence to phone a bookie and find out that Chartreux was indeed balloted out...probably by 1 horse by the looks of things.

On the positive side, I get those conkers back tomorrow.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure about Chartreux, I knew his rating was 133, the minimum rating/weight in the race is Venetia's two outsiders on 134, so this inspired the confidence to phone a bookie and find out that Chartreux was indeed balloted out...probably by 1 horse by the looks of things.

On the positive side, I get those conkers back tomorrow.

THERES NO PANIC was bottom weight 10 stone officially a rating of 132 it was the last 1 in the official handicap, i struck the bet at about 2am thinking it was sure to run, later today i see it didn,t get in.

so what does balloted out mean? please. on my bet receipt it says antepost bet. I have spoke to 1 of their customer service advisors who says i have lost the bet, forgive my naivety but should i be reimbursed do you think:whistle:

Find out if it was balloted out, fella. If so, demand your money back. Balloted out means trainer tryed to run the horse, but too many trainers up above, decided to run theirs.

If it wasn't, then hard luck. Your conkers will help sustain Ladbrokes, Corals, and hard done to Hills whilst they shut the FOBT'S down.

I think mine was number 23 (and of course would have hacked up) in the list, so if yours was in a rating of 132 then it would have been below mine, but far from 'official bottom weight'.

'Official bottom weight' would have probablly been something of the calibre of Quixall Crossett on approxinately 6 stone LOL.

Anyway, Swedish Chef and Roddy's early selections, Ardilly Witness and Hadrians Approach look pretty strong,, no great revelation but Same Difference is the one who could spoil the party.

I remember thinking he was a winner waiting to happen when i saw how well he travelled in the Hennessy earlier this season.

Last edited:
Find out if it was balloted out, fella. If so, demand your money back. Balloted out means trainer tryed to run the horse, but too many trainers up above, decided to run theirs.

If it wasn't, then hard luck. Your conkers will help sustain Ladbrokes, Corals, and hard done to Hills whilst they shut the FOBT'S down.

I think mine was number 23 (and of course would have hacked up) in the list, so if yours was in a rating of 132 then it would have been below mine, but far from 'official bottom weight'.

'Official bottom weight' would have probablly been something of the calibre of Quixall Crossett on approxinately 6 stone LOL.

Anyway, Swedish Chef and Roddy's early selections, Ardilly Witness and Hadrians Approach look pretty strong,, no great revelation but Same Difference is the one who could spoil the party.

I remember thinking he was a winner waiting to happen when i saw how well he travelled in the Hennessy earlier this season.

how do you find out if it was balloted out?

the problem is if i do not know the rules properly they may pull a fast 1 on me so i want to make sure i know all the evidence so they canny rob me:mad:.

i meant THERES NO PANIC was officially the bottom weight on 10 stone in the official handicap, the others were out of the handicap below it. I put half my wages on it at 25/1 so i was miffed to say the least when i checked today to see if it had been gambled only to see it was nowhere to be seen:(

I do like a couple of others in the race BURTON PORT was going well 2 starts back but then he had a nose bleed and finished second and fell early in the national, he looks very well handicapped has dropped miles down the handicap the last 2 years.

BURY PARADE had to go around the houses all the way last time at kempton and did very well to finish second, he has alot of weight but nicholls has targeted this and he looks to fast improving.

HoS
The limit for runners was put at 20. 38 horses had confirmed their entry. Therefore 18 horses were eliminated. The 20 runners start at the top of the handicap. All those below 20 are eliminated. All major bookies refund stakes on horses that are confirmed but get eliminated.

I have backed 2, Spring Heeled and Bury Parade. The rain gives me concerns iro of Spring Heeled as he has a superb record on good ground. Ignore Cheltenham last November as he was forced right across the course as he began his run. I believe the horse, given his ground, will be a major contender for the biggest prizes. Hopefully the sun puts its hat on and dries the ground.
If however the rain persists then Bury Parade is the one I expect to benefit. He is best on right-handed courses and on soft ground. Should have won lto but Fehily having started his run put him behind horses to the extent that he would have had to emulate Montjeu's Arc winning performance to catch the winner. The weight turnaround with Hadrian's Approach in Bury' Parade's narrow Kempton victory has been highlighted by several analysts but that day BP blundered badly 3 out, a rare error and one that gave HA the chance to rally. I also question HA's ability to stay in excess of 3 miles, look at his record.

I was doing some research about this day last night and between 1979&1989 the Classic Trial had 4 winners who went on to win the Epsom Derby and Old Vic.During that time we also had a contender for National Hunt race of the century Special Cargo winning by two short heads and a neck from moral winner Lettoch.In the early 90's the Gordon Richards saw the seasonal reappearances of Singspiel,Pilsudski & Luso-how much prize money did they win between them.
Today's card is what it is a meeting to be enjoyed but in the recent past it was something a little bit special.

I have backed 2, Spring Heeled and Bury Parade. The rain gives me concerns iro of Spring Heeled as he has a superb record on good ground. Ignore Cheltenham last November as he was forced right across the course as he began his run. I believe the horse, given his ground, will be a major contender for the biggest prizes. Hopefully the sun puts its hat on and dries the ground.
If however the rain persists then Bury Parade is the one I expect to benefit. He is best on right-handed courses and on soft ground. Should have won lto but Fehily having started his run put him behind horses to the extent that he would have had to emulate Montjeu's Arc winning performance to catch the winner. The weight turnaround with Hadrian's Approach in Bury' Parade's narrow Kempton victory has been highlighted by several analysts but that day BP blundered badly 3 out, a rare error and one that gave HA the chance to rally. I also question HA's ability to stay in excess of 3 miles, look at his record.

I'm swayed by connections' persistence in putting HA up for stamina races: this race last year, the Hennessy, the Scottish National...

Yes, he ended up well beaten last year but he was a 6yo novice then and looks to have been trained with the future in mind, possibly Aintree next year.

If he doesn't stay then his weights turnaround with Bury Parade will probably count for little. If he does, it's 14lb for a nose, blunder or no blunder, which should put him out of sight with Bury Parade.

Same Difference looks a year-long plot.

I was on Burton Port at 50s for the National so I have to back him here off 4lbs lower.

Was only just over a year ago Opening Batsman won the Racing Post Chase at Kempton and four of his five career wins have been in the second half of the season so I wouldn't be surprised to see this one bounce back to form, currently 33-1 and if of each way interest, Skybet paying first five places.

Blinkered for the first time too. Plus, has Scholfield asked permission to ride or is he retained by Fry?

Still, some pretty dire runs this season requiring forgiving...

Bobs Worth would have to carry about 14st if he were in this field with no weight restrictions so there a pretty moderate bunch for what used to be one of the biggest chases of the season.

Trying to find something with a bit of class isn't easy but one horse who used to race against top dogs over hurdles and has won a couple of races this season is Restless Harry.

He won prior to going to Cheltenham where he ran ok until 3 out but when they kicked 3 out he couldn't go with them on the ground.

The ground is sure to be much more to his liking today, the softer the better.

He's currently 30 on the machine and at that price could be a bet to nothing unless he hits trouble early I'd expect him to go much shorter in the run.

I'm swayed by connections' persistence in putting HA up for stamina races: this race last year, the Hennessy, the Scottish National...

Yes, he ended up well beaten last year but he was a 6yo novice then and looks to have been trained with the future in mind, possibly Aintree next year.

If he doesn't stay then his weights turnaround with Bury Parade will probably count for little. If he does, it's 14lb for a nose, blunder or no blunder, which should put him out of sight with Bury Parade.

HA was winking at me as well but that race at Kempton was the sort of small field events he thrives in. No sure he likes a lot of company.

Same Difference is the one I'd go with.

Cannot really split the top lot in the betting, so I'm going left field with Carruthers. A horse with the ability of him on his day, available to back at 33/1....well, worth a bet I think.I wonder if Moehat thinks the same!!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Desert Orchid

Spot on! DO!
Eating my words this end.

Last edited:
Deserted HA today as I thought yesterday's rain would be enough to stop him and NJH comments on C4 before the race were hardly encouraging. Backed Burton Port and Godsmejudge instead so a bit frustrated.
Well done HA backers anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting post-race interview with Geraghty - said it was too soft for HA, which made it very hard work for him. Reinforces the high opinion of the horse they seem to have.

I must say, though, three out I thought Burton Port was going to p1sh up. It was only when I realised HA was hanging on in there that I wondered if McCoy was nursing BP. You'd have to think BP wouldn't have won the National after all.

Back