Betfair Chase

Never been so over the moon to be wrong. What a magnificent horse.

Grade 1 wins in every year from 2005. Fabulous record.

Absolutely brilliant. What a horse. I was one of those hoping for his retirement after Punchestown and I'm not sorry to have been proven wrong today. The best horse of my lifetime.

I'm cursing not having put him in my TTF now...

Absolutely brilliant. What a horse. I was one of those hoping for his retirement after Punchestown and I'm not sorry to have been proven wrong today. The best horse of my lifetime.

it was a pitiful sight at Punchestown..think they should have stopped at Cheltenham..where he had plainly had enough for the season

as a fresh horse..he is still a major force...can he do it again in a few weeks..wouldn't bet against it..i think we all would love to see another KG...today was special..another KG would be a dream

it was a pitiful sight at Punchestown..think they should have stopped at Cheltenham..where he had plainly had enough for the season

as a fresh horse..he is still a major force...can he do it again in a few weeks..wouldn't bet against it..i think we all would love to see another KG...today was special..another KG would be a dream

The recovery time takes longer as he gets older, and the peak condition doesn't last as long. They'll have to have a careful think about what to do next.

Me too but i did back him :)

The recovery time takes longer as he gets older, and the peak condition doesn't last as long. They'll have to have a careful think about what to do next.

i'd like them to not run him again until the GC tbh..the KG may not be realistic..whereas you just never know..the GC may be the one

I would go for the King George personally, still think Kauto can do the big two races again but it would be more dangerous to run him in a Gold Cup I feel.

I would go for the King George personally, still think Kauto can do the big two races again but it would be more dangerous to run him in a Gold Cup I feel.

but if he has trained for today..which Nicholls said and all evidence from other fto's where he patently wasn't 100%..points to....then he could well bounce at Kempton..which would be a real shame..whereas he will get to the GC as today..fresh and ready to go

Last edited:
In their Gold Cup meetings Denman leads Kauto 3-1

I respect your knowledge in this arena, but can't go with Denman being so great nowadays.
He wouldn't, I think, be capable of turning in a performance like KS's today ... nowadays.

When he goes close, before the GC, would be re-evaluation time.

I think Long Run with a jockey will be a clear choice and even with the amateur on is the most likely winner of both KG and GC at the moment.

Back