Bloodstock 2011

Now let me see... izitagrey? :lol: VERGLAS's typical stamp is pretty tall and robust, and grey, always grey. Best of luck, all concerned.

Interesting - how so?

Watched teofilo's dewhurst last night - again, very different from the other 2 Galileos I mentioned, so looking forward to you linking it altogether for me!

As foals they're very much of a type, here's a nice example...

DSCF5787web.jpg

I remember the dam with Halford, nice looking filly, good luck.

Thanks Sheikh, watched some of her races last night - looked genuine but just lacked a bit of toe. Hopefully her daughter will have a little more boot! She's a lovely well mannered grey filly.

Or is it simply that most of the top yearlings are going to Tattersalls? Seems to have been the case in the last few years.

Well I have the first new recruit for the year lot 179 hopefully a nice Teofilo filly. Was underbidder on the top lot of the day as well the Montjeu colt but Mr Ogden decided to make his first purchase of the year!

Well I have the first new recruit for the year lot 179 hopefully a nice Teofilo filly. Was underbidder on the top lot of the day as well the Montjeu colt but Mr Ogden decided to make his first purchase of the year!

Very good immediate page Kauto - I know Mr Bolger thinks all his Teofilos are very very good, especially the fillies. Very best of luck with her!!:thumbsup:

Is this where the middle to top end of the market shows serious signs of distress??

Tatts Book 1, Day 1
The opening session, which saw 24% fewer lots offered than in 2010, still saw turnover increase by 22% with 120 lots selling for 18,148,000 guineas. A strong clearance rate was in evidence throughout with day with the final figures showing that 82% of lots offered were sold, rising to an 84% when private sales are included. The average for the day was 151,233 guineas, a rise of 48% on 2010 whilst the median rose 52% to 100,000 guineas.

Tatts Book 1, Day 2
In total there were 123 lots sold for 15,797,000 guineas at an average of 128,431 guineas and a median of 100,00 guineas. The clearance rate for the day was 83%, rising to 87% when the six private sales are included. The average and median rose 14% and 41% respectively on the same session in 2010.

Higher overall prices with less exceptional prices skewing the figures than previous years.

----------------------------------

On another note, hip #38 at Keeneland Novemeber is a Henrythenavigator half sister to Zenyatta. Hip #383 is a Sadler's Wells half sister to Giant's Causeway in foal to Sea The Stars. Will be interesting to see how they sell.

At the end of Book 1, 2011, the median was 100,000gns, up by 43%, while average increased by 32% to 141,852gns & the gross was up by 7%.

502 Galileo - Brigid, Filly from the family of Sequoyah (dam of Henrythenavigator and Queen Cleopatra), Listen, Oyster Cather and AbsolutelyFabulous sells for 1,700,000gns topping all European and American prices for the year so far.

Interestingly Demi picked up an Acclamation for a rather high 370k - the first to go to Ballydoyle I think (assuming that's where he ends up)

Back