Bloodstock 2011

Ah, so! Thanks very much for that - I'd started on a mental image of baby CHOISIR shoulders before that!

Keep warm and please do update us with whatever takes your eye - fascinating life you've got!

Some can be almost Choisir like - especially the American sprint babies.

That went straight over my head. My God, you must have been toying with me when you were listening to what I like to see in a horse!!

Nah, just because I put down in words doesn't mean someone else isn't looking for a similar overall picture but doesn't break it down into minutiae. Anyway, your look of horror when I told you that I look at pedigrees before the individual was worth it!

Just added Malinas to the Uk and Ireland list.

Canford to Coolmore
Pour Moi to Coolmore
Dream ahead to Ballylinch
Indian haven moves to Withyslade farm, UK.
Cape Blanco to the U.S
Lilbourne lad to Rathbarry
Doyen to Sunnyhill
Dick Turpin to National Stud (UK)
MALINAS, to Yorton Farm in Shropshire
FROZEN FIRE, to Coolagown at 3k

Nah, just because I put down in words doesn't mean someone else isn't looking for a similar overall picture but doesn't break it down into minutiae. Anyway, your look of horror when I told you that I look at pedigrees before the individual was worth it!

Do you do a mental systematic check in your head , do it on instinct or how do you ensure you check everything ?

Honestly it's an overall impression that is pretty much instinctive now. Work from the head backwards and note any issues. The only thing I remind myself to check for are spavins!

Canford to Coolmore
Pour Moi to Coolmore
Cape Blanco to Coolmore America
Doyen to Sunnyhill
POET'S VOICE, to Dalham (Darley)

Canford to Coolmore
Pour Moi to Coolmore
Cape Blanco to Coolmore America
Doyen to Sunnyhill
POET'S VOICE, to Dalham (Darley)
Elusive Pimpernel , to Islanmore
Rule of Law, to (can't remember in Ireland )

Hello there Kauto, do you know the fee that has been set for Monitor Closely? I presume he's looking for a book of staying flat mares?

Yep he's going to be a NH stallion. I believe the fee is going to be €2000 so roughly about £200 quid when Italy go down the toilet. Fingers crossed he's a success.

Just been over to see Cape Blanco and Uncle Mo. Mo is huge, really, really huge which I hadn't really got a sense of before - he's got to be an easy 16.3hh with a lot of filling out to do. He's a very smart looking horse. CB is just as lovely as I remembered.

GIO PONTI to Castleton Lyons, KY
Not very many "proper" racehorses come out of America these days, but this fellow is certainly one of them.

Let's hope he can pass on the genes that have made him such an admirable performer these past five years.

Flat
Canford to Coolmore
Pour Moi to Coolmore
Doyen to Sunnyhill
Malinas, to Yorton Farm in Shropshire
Frozen Fire, to Coolagown at 3k
Poets Voice, to Dalham (Darley)
Elusive Pimpernel , to Islanmore
Rule of Law, to (can't remember in Ireland )
Zoffany to Coolmore
Vocalised to Redmonstown

Last edited:
Teofilo, based at Kildangan, increases to €25,000 from €15,000 after Parish Hall's Dewhurst success gave him a Group 1 winner from his first crop

Are they basing the increase on what they hope will happen ?
Strategic Prince had a Grp 1 winner standing at 4k.

Back