Bloodstock 2011

Canford to Coolmore
Pour Moi to Coolmore
Dream ahead to Ballylinch
Indian haven moves to Withyslade farm, UK.
Cape Blanco to the U.S
Lilbourne lad to Rathbarry
Doyen to Sunnyhill
Dick Turpin to National Stud (UK)

Last edited:
Catalogued in Tatts Dec Mares

HONORINE, dam of Treasure Beach IF to New Approach
MRS MARSH, dam of Canford Cliffs IF to Dansili
SUMORA, dam of Maybe IF to Galileo
PEARLING, a full sister to Giant's Causeway IF to Galileo
HURRICANE HAVOC
TEO'S SISTER
MISS KELLER
TESTOSTERONE
JACQUELINE QUEST
BALLYBACKA LADY
also cataloged is my beloved MAKE MY HEART SING

Be most unfortunate if he shoots blanks...

(And, very slightly more seriously, thanks for the info, Sheikh and Miesque. Why on earth would you call a mare TESTOSTERONE? I'd like the unfortunate JACQUELINE QUEST, personally. Unfortunate as in being disqualled by Queally not employing the whip as a guide, yadda-yadda.)

Last edited:
From the RP site:

REPRESENTATIVES of Australian trainers Gai Waterhouse and Chris Waller went head-to-headon the 93-rated Glencadam Gold with Waterhouse's assistant, Bruce Slade, coming off best at 135,000gns.

It is Waterhouse's second purchase of the day following that of Julienas.

"Glencadam Gold has the same sort of profile as the other horse," said Slade, who bid through Johnny McKeever. "He's a lovely looking, stretchy, scopey horse who's bred to get a bit further.

"He's highly-rated and lightly-raced so you'd hope he'd have a bit of improvement left in him. However, we'll give him a lot of time."

Sir Henry Cecil trained Glencadam Gold, a three-year-old son of Refuse To Bend, to win two races including a 1m4f handicap at Newmarket in May. He ran only last Saturday when tenth in the totescoop6 HBLB Handicap at Newbury.

Walter Swinburn's draft continue to sell well with Dandy Nicholls spending 90,000gns on recent Rous Stakes runner-up Addictive Dream and Johnny McKeever going to 75,000gns for Royal Hunt Cup winner Julienas.

McKeever was acting on behalf of leading Australian trainer Gai Waterhouse, who has never had an European runner in herstable, according to assistant Bruce Slade.

"This is Gai's first ever venture to the horses in training sale and we've never had an European horse in the stable," said Slade. "The European horses have been having a great time with us and we wanted to be part of it.This horse was well conformed, lightly raced and had the right profile for us."

Gentle Lord, the winner of a Goodwood sprint handicap for Tom Dascombe earlier this month off 86, is heading to Qatar after selling to trainer Ibrahim Saeed Al-Malki, standing with Conrad Allen, for 72,000gns.

Al-Malki made headlines at this sale last year when purchasing 550,000gns sale-topper Hearts Of Fire.

"He's for a new owner in my stable in Qatar," said Al-Malki of the three-year-old son of Ishiguru. "I hope he'll fit in well there. He'll start out racing in Qatar and if he improves a bit, he'll go out to Dubai.

"The standard of racing in Qatar is getting better and better and although there aren't any stallions at the moment, I know there is a strategy to build a stud farm in the future."

Al-Malki also had news of Hearts Of Fire, winner of the 2009 Gran Criterium for Pat Eddery.

"We took him to race in Dubai and then decided to give him a rest until the beginning of the season in Qatar this year. He's going really well at the moment and I'm really happy with him.

"After a couple of races in Qatar, he'll go to the Dubai Carnival again and then we will send him to race in Britain - there's been no decision on who will train him."

Miss Chicane, a Refuse To Bend half-sister to Lowther Stakes heroine Best Terms, has set the ball rolling at the Tattersalls Autumn Horses-In-Training Sale and could be set for a career in the US after selling for 67,000gns to Dwayne Woods.

Cathy Grassick, sitting with Mark McStay,was the underbidder. Charlie Gordon-Watson was another to show interest in the three-year-old, who landed a handicap at Sandown earlier this year.

"She's for a partnership that includes a new client from abroad," said Woods. "The idea is to breed from her but we'll probably send her to race in America first. She was recommended to us by (vendor) Walter Swinburn and he thought she'd do well in the States."

Her sale marked the highlight of the first draft of horses offered by Walter Swinburn, who will relinquish his training licence at the end of this year. His second draft, which includes Royal Hunt Cup winner Julienas, is set to sell later this afternoon.

"She's better than her racing record suggests," said Swinburn, who paid just 13,000gns for the filly as a yearling, "as she has two or three different ways of running. But she's 100 per cent sound and very tough. I think she was well bought."

Swinburn added that his final runner could be Desert Poppy in the Listed Wentworth Stakes at Doncaster on November 5.

Tattersalls Horses-in-Training Sales:

Anthony Bromley on 100,000gns purchase Grumeti (lot 336)
He's been bought to go to Alan King for Max McNeill, who sadly lost Mille Chief last week. We had to go to our full limit for the horse but there's a scarcity of exciting jumps prospects here with size, scope and good movement (20 minutes ago)

Progeny of Galileo continue to be in high demand. Six offered, six sold for an average of 14,133gns (2 hours ago)

Following intervention from the Tattersalls accounts department, lots 181 and 185 are now listed as selling to A & J Racing - not A & J Dog Food (3 hours ago)

The first purchase made this week by Grand National-winning trainer Donald McCain is lot 94, triple winner High On A Hill (Val Royal), who costs 26,000gns

Back