Bloodstock 2011

Old Vic, Irish Derby winner and one of the best NH sires has been put down after suffering a bout of colic. He was the sire of 2 Grand National winners & a Gold Cup winner.

ATR showed a nice vid of OLD VIC powering away to win a flat race this afternoon - full of guts and gusto.

The CURLIN - RACHEL ALEXANDRA babe should be something spectacular, unless CURLIN's flop.

Am currently waiting on OCEANICO DOT COM to foal down (due 28th and usually foals to time). They've been out all winter 24/7 but she started to bag up last week, so I decided it was time for both she and Songy to come in at night, Annie heading for the foaling box. So I seperate them from the rest, they get stabled in their very nice boxes, etc etc and turned out by day close to the house. For six consecutive evenings I have to schlepp out in the rain, through the mud, across the field to the furthest outpost to drag them in, as they weren't coming in voluntarily, thank you. Under any circumstances.

Now, of course, they're standing by the gate, next to the cattle loafing area, shouting to come in and annoying the bovines by just being there. About two hours before they need to be in....

Contrary feckers.

ATR showed a nice vid of OLD VIC powering away to win a flat race this afternoon - full of guts and gusto.

"A flat race". Harrrumph. That was no less a race than the Irish Derby, m'dear.

A great win as well - the onbly time I have been over for the racing and it didn't disappoint. I stayed at Kildangan and spent the Sunday evening watching Sheikh Mo running around a field playing football (Darley Stud versus Kildangan) - all a bit surreal in those days.

Sorry, Grey - I had the sound off when the race kicked off. I presumed with its cast it was a good one, but didn't know quite that good! It was stunning to watch - such a powerful horse.

The CURLIN - RACHEL ALEXANDRA babe should be something spectacular, unless CURLIN's flop.

Ah yeah - more sexist nonsense - its always the man's fault!:rolleyes::lol:

Not a sire i'm particularly familiar with and not sure if he's still standing but Network is starting to produce some really nice jumpers. Sprinter Sacre, Rubi Ball and Rubi Light have all come to prominence over the last two years and I think he could be a sire to follow. Sprinter Sacre is a real looker and if they all jump like Rubi light then he's definitely one to watch.

Anyone know anything more about him? Or if he's still producing. RP has little info...

Who's this?

Attachments

• 183008_144493108947593_143117319085172_282102_4594833_n.jpg
    183008_144493108947593_143117319085172_282102_4594833_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 26
Back