Bloodstock 2011

Big, bay filly foal by CAPTAIN RIO ex OCEANCIO DOT COM. Can't complain it's a filly as she's a whole cut above better than the two colts the mare's produced to date! Strong, straight and a lot bigger, up and cantering round the box within 45 minutes. Thick as sh*t about sucking but then she's come out looking like she's tic full anyways - mare's done her very well.

Red scanned in foal to Hellveylin today - ( not quite Rachel Alexandra and Curlin - but I dont care!!!) though currently shes carrying twins - they are too close together to pinch out right now,so they are going to have another look on Thursday and see whats going on then. Reluctant to be too excited till theres just the one - but Im very very smiley.... :)

Thats fantastic (and about blinking time too !!!) ;) :)

oh - and thanks for the wishes -squeezing session tomorrow hopefully. was meant to be today,but the vet managed to get himslef injured - so its been postponed....

The mare got married again there last week, quiet affair in the registry office to a much older man (Alhaarth) A Foal from a previous relationship gave her away.

I just went deeply through STS book of mares for last year and it´s very hard not to be impressed. The Aga sent 10 mares to him, including the dams of Azamour, Behkabad, Kalanisi, Vadawina, Darjina, Manighar, Zarkava....

There will be nowhere for STS to hide if he doesn't have a few Stakes winners from that first crop, albeit they may well not shine til their 3yo season.

Tajjree foaled a big strong colt foal to Striking Ambition last night - both mother & child doing well!

Tajjree foaled a big strong colt foal to Striking Ambition last night - both mother & child doing well!

Good to hear - I wondered what had happened to her.

Is she back at Darley or was she bought from them in the end?

Good to hear - I wondered what had happened to her.

Is she back at Darley or was she bought from them in the end?

I bought her originally from Darley for the princely sum of 800 gns. She's now at a stud in Newmarket where a friend of mine looks after her which made sense as he has more experience with broodmares than I do.

I will send my cousin up to take photos hopefully over the next few days - can't wait to see him! :<3:

Can't wait! Fab-fab-fab that she produced a bouncing baby boy first time! You'll be spoiled now, j/j, utterly spoiled!

Very relieved and pleased to report SONGHSEET foaled a chesnut filly this morning at 04.50, after having me up ALL night... Quite a hard foaling, one leg back which I just managed to get hold of but just didn't have strength to straighten properly but luckily partner on hand after panic phone call and he managed it. Both of us thought we had a dead foal on way out, though!!!

Very big filly indeed and poor Songy pretty tired but so far they're both fine. Vet out this afternoon to do igg test to confirm she's got good antibody levels and then we can insure her.

I am secretly pleased it's a filly, as I'd like to keep something from the mare and especially pleased it's a chesnut, as her chesnuts have always been better!!! Not sure my partner in her will be so pleased, though, last time I spoke to him he'd foaled nine fillies in a row!

Very relieved and pleased to report SONGHSEET foaled a chesnut filly this morning at 04.50, after having me up ALL night... Quite a hard foaling, one leg back which I just managed to get hold of but just didn't have strength to straighten properly but luckily partner on hand after panic phone call and he managed it. Both of us thought we had a dead foal on way out, though!!!

Very big filly indeed and poor Songy pretty tired but so far they're both fine. Vet out this afternoon to do igg test to confirm she's got good antibody levels and then we can insure her.

I am secretly pleased it's a filly, as I'd like to keep something from the mare and especially pleased it's a chesnut, as her chesnuts have always been better!!! Not sure my partner in her will be so pleased, though, last time I spoke to him he'd foaled nine fillies in a row!

Glad you got the filly you where hopeing for , well done .

Back