BLOODSTOCK and BREEDING 2012

We could develop an updated glossary, Miesque. Buttyness would kick it off nicely; we could have corkscrew legs, a minging head, omelette eyes (I know white-ringed ones as 'poached', but a lot of people don't), heehaw ears, ten-to-two feet, skiffle board ribs, and a U-turn neck (instead of a ewe neck). A horse with upright action could be a mincer, and one which dished badly could be a flipper.

Last edited:
Stacelita and Misty For Me both retired to stud - the former off to Japan after visiting Smart Strike (sire of Curlin) and Misty For Me to Fastnet Rock up from Australia.

Sarafina off to Japan too and will be covered by Deep Impact.

(Also copied in Retirements!)

Last edited:
Heres the report from RP:

MULTIPLE Group 1 winner Misty For Me has been retired and will be covered by Fastnet Rock in her first season at stud.
The daughter of Galileo was expected to continue a career that had yielded four victories at the top level for Aidan O’Brien, namely the Irish 1,000 Guineas, Pretty Polly Stakes, Prix Marcel Boussac and Moyglare Stud Stakes.
The proposed matingwith Fastnet Rock represents a reversal of the highly successful Galileo – Danehill cross, which was made famous last year by Frankel and Maybe.
Fastnet Rock has been in strong demand at this week's Magic Million yearling sales., including a colt sold for A$960,000 (£647,609/€778,719).
Fastnet Rock, who will stand this season at Coolmore in Ireland for a private fee, has wasted little time in establishing himself as one of Australia’s leading sires. From four crops of racing age, the champion Group 1-winning son of Danehill is the sire of eight Group 1 winners topped by Atlantic Jewel, whose international rating of 121 places her equal with Immortal Verse as the joint leading three-year-old filly on turf at up to 1m2f.

Chichicastenango has died in Japan. He had colic surgery on January 5th and although he seemed to recover well from that at first instance, his condition suddenly turned to the worse on the 13th and he passed away.

I like ROC....

quite like the money a spin from him costs too, mind - havent looked at the list but id guess hes not cheap...

Last edited:
:D - the perils of commenting while on my phone rather than sat at a computer....

have edited it in the hope that it makes a bit more sense Aunty xxxx

From the RP site:

"AMERICAN Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra has foaled a bay colt by Curlin, born on Sunday at 2.40pm at Stonestreet Farm in Kentucky.

The colt is emblazoned with a white star and is said to resemble his mother......."

From the RP site:

"AMERICAN Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra has foaled a bay colt by Curlin, born on Sunday at 2.40pm at Stonestreet Farm in Kentucky.

The colt is emblazoned with a white star and is said to resemble his mother......."

Ajzn02sCAAEOXw9.jpg:large

Back