Bloodstock News 2010

Does anyone know what stud La Landiere is at?

Been trying to find out what offspring she has had, RP states her last run was 2004 so she must have had some foals by now!

She died shortly after going to stud. That it was reported in Chasers & Hurdlers 2003/4, she can't have had any foals.

Anyone know how Lot 28 (MAJESTIC MISSILE 2 y.o. colt) breezed at Goresbridge today, please? My chum and I sold him to Redpender Stud for the price of a very cheap meal, and Jim Murphy's sons have been bringing him along for this outing. I might give Ciara, his wife, a call later if the lad did all right. Probably not if he didn't!

Ah, the dear wee soul! Didn't make a bad job of it, either, and has picked up the looks of his Papa. I hope the Murphys got a few shillings for him. That's absolutely brilliant, Soba - thanks a ton for that. :)

Fascinating - No.3, the FASLIYEV, has some serious acceleration - 0-40 in 4 seconds!

Last edited:
Don't know, Sheikh - I'll call the Murphys and find out. I hope he did - Jim Murphy bought him from the foal sales over here (minimum bid - Carol and I shared the hefty pay-out of £75 between us!) and was letting his own lads bring him on, as their first step on the road to following Dad. They then later bought the dam, DANETIME OUT, i/f to PICCOLO, from us, and begat a filly.

SONGSHEET home safe and sound yesterday evening, looking very well indeed. She was very pleased to be home, I think, and was greeted with respect by the old girl, REACH THE WIND, the ISHIGURU yearling filly and Tolley the cob yearling. The thirteen cattle in the field were not particluarly happy to see another equine rock up though!

Don't know, Sheikh - I'll call the Murphys and find out. I hope he did - Jim Murphy bought him from the foal sales over here (minimum bid - Carol and I shared the hefty pay-out of £75 between us!) and was letting his own lads bring him on, as their first step on the road to following Dad. They then later bought the dam, DANETIME OUT, i/f to PICCOLO, from us, and begat a filly.

I assume you have seen the result by now. Where you expecting that ? The lady that bought him does well with inexpensive purchases.

Last edited:
No, I haven't, Sheikh. I called Redpender this afternoon, but no reply and no answer machine. Interestingly, they bought CANFORD CLIFFS as a foal. Did you hear an Irish gent on the chatback line to Matt Chapman tonight, bemoaning the low prices at Goresbridge? Said that most went for half of what you'd usually expect. Personally, I'm expecting nothing as I'm out of the colt, the mare, the lot, but I don't know what Jim and Ciara were expecting. Probably as pessimistic as most of us by now! What did he go for, Sheikh?

Barely would have paid for his keep for the year and breeze up prep, I'm afraid - there's no profit in him but he must have gone fairly well to have even made that.

On the foaling front but maybe not exactly bloodstock, PARTLY COUDY foaled a filly foal early this morning. She's my registered coloured cob mare and this is a full sister to CLOUDBURST, her last year's filly. Pretty similarly marked, they would make a stunning driving pair!

Looked like he could pick up one of those 10k bonuses if he's eligible. They bought the mare so they're hopeful .

Yes, he's eligible, Sheikh. Thanks for the research! I don't think they'll be unhappy with that return, tbh, as he didn't sell at the foal sales. He might prove to be a nice little bargain for his new owner, as MAJESTIC MISSILE is looking quite well regarded at present.

Aha! I see...

Just got off the phone with Ciara, and she said they didn't see the breeze, as Jim was away in England doing other sales (they have a 4 y.o. at this week's DBS), so I'll attempt to e-mail her the link you kindly provided. They're not unhappy with the return, which they split 50/50 with the prepper, for covering 50% costs to date with them. Seems he's off to Jill Richardson, meaning it's likely to be the Mick Channon yard.

Meanwhile, DANETIME OUT has been back to Ballyhane, where MAJESTIC MISSILE stands, to see how she liked the Captains - now, unfortunately Ciara couldn't remember which one she visited, but she's produced a 'magnificent' colt by either MARVELOUS or RIO! However, a return trip to the same sire saw him refuse to even take her out for a drink, let alone a bonk, so she visited ARAKAN, DICK TURPIN's sire, instead. At this rate, there's just DANDY MAN and DIAMOND GREEN to go, and she'll have done the lot! Redpender also has a horse they bred themselves and failed to be able to sell running at Beverley in a Listed next week, DRESS UP, so Jim will be going direct from Donny sales to the racecourse to see how she goes, while Ciara looks after all the horses and their two teenage boys.

Last edited:
Redpender also has a horse they bred themselves and failed to be able to sell running at Beverley in a Listed next week, DRESS UP, so Jim will be going direct from Donny sales to the racecourse to see how she goes, while Ciara looks after all the horses and their two teenage boys.

We often hear about how wonderful agents are when they pick up a bargain, don't hear much about the ones they missed. That one failed to sell for a grand.

ROAR OF THE TIGER, a brother to 'iron horse' and leading sire Giant's Causeway formerly trained by Aidan O'Brien, died on Monday night at Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds in Florida.
The reason for the stallion's death at the age of 11 is unknown. Ed Magnier of Hartley/DeRenzo bloodstock services said: "We have sent him to the Universityof Florida to determine the cause of death."

Yes, could be a nice one they've been forced to keep, Sheikh. Actually runs tonight at 7.30 pm and I hope shows the Murphys some return - I thought Ciara said next week, but it's now.

Redpender had a nice sale today at Doncaster, looks like the sale topper.

From the Racing Post

"A PRESENTING gelding from Redpender Stud leads the way after selling for £57,000 at DBS Spring Store Sale, signed for by Mags O'Toole with Eddie O'Leary doing the bidding.
The unbroken three-year-old, lot 64 in the catalogue, is half-brother to one runner, a point-to-point winner called Scilly Isles.
His unraced dam Water Rock, by El Conquistador, is a half-sister to Monger Lane, herself the winner of two Listed hurdle races."

Back