Bloodstock News 2010

SEA THE STARS - LOOK HERE - can't wait for the progeny's terrible punning name! 'Aye Aye Nelson', 'Starcrossed Eyes', and any amount of references to astronomy.

Reports that Danehill Dancer has been slow to cover (but not affecting his fertility) this season - how old is he now? Perhaps the first sign of age catching up with him. Goes to show how important it is for a stud like Coolmore to have a son of their stallion in stud and being a success before their demise.

I looked DD up, Gal, and he's 17. Shouldn't be too doddery, but year on year, mare on mare, must take a certain toll. When did SADLER'S WELLS quit? 24? 26? You'd imagine DD might have another two or three years of bonking to go.

But DD's a DANEHILL - some don't seem to be that long-lasting, in spite of the fabulous care they receive! I think DANEHILL departed at about this age ?

Can't remember exactlly what age Danehill was but seem to remember the official word was he broke a leg rather than through age. Could be confusing him with someone else though.

Danehill died in May 2003 ...he was being hand-led in his paddock at Coolmore Stud when he reared playfully and landed awkwardly, breaking a hip and had to be put down.

Do you think it's connected with Zimbabwe !!!???

From the RP

MARTINO ALONSO, the sire of Godolphin's brilliant miler Ramonti who was kidnapped from Siba Stud near Brescia, Italy, on November 7, was reportedly found on Thursday night by police 400 miles away on government land near Pomigliano D'Arco in Campania.
In an investigation led by Captain Horatio Ianniello, a horse matching his description was found in good condition grazing loose on the Acerra-Pomigliano road.
He has been placed under police control where he is being formally identified. Police are still trying to determine the organisation behind the theft.
The Group 1-placed Martino Alonso ended last season as Italy's leading sire of two-year-olds and fourth on the overall list. The son of Marju stood the 2009 season for €7,000.

The 7.20 at Warwick tonight looks a dam good maiden. Daughters of Irish Oaks winner Margarula, Intercontinental and Shiva all take part.

Do you think it's connected with Zimbabwe !!!???

From the RP

MARTINO ALONSO, the sire of Godolphin's brilliant miler Ramonti who was kidnapped from Siba Stud near Brescia, Italy, on November 7, was reportedly found on Thursday night by police 400 miles away on government land near Pomigliano D'Arco in Campania.
In an investigation led by Captain Horatio Ianniello, a horse matching his description was found in good condition grazing loose on the Acerra-Pomigliano road.
He has been placed under police control where he is being formally identified. Police are still trying to determine the organisation behind the theft.
The Group 1-placed Martino Alonso ended last season as Italy's leading sire of two-year-olds and fourth on the overall list. The son of Marju stood the 2009 season for €7,000.

There clearly is a link. One was lost on government land and the other was found on government land. And neither was in possession of ID.

Clearly alien abductions. Leaked reports from Langley suggest that Alpha Centaurians, long known for their interest in horse racing, have been abducting and returning racehorses for some decades. They made a bit of a balls with SHERGAR, as the spaceship's captain was drunk on the return journey, and the horse lived out his days on a small, verdant mini-moon known as CZ-35. Anyway, the Centaurians have also been morphing into human bodies on Earth, and causing people like Harry Findlay to accidentally lay his own horses, while unaware he was doing so. They've absolutely minted it in this way, and are apparently shortly to build their first raceway on the planet, Centaur City, with the proceeds. Remember, you heard on TH first!

Had two foals in the last week a colt foal by Cape Cross and a filly by Azamour she's a nice filly seems like she'll be very big.

The Azamours I've seen have been big, lovely animals. I saw a lovely Azamour two year old recently breezing on our gallops - he was huge for a two year old, tall, long, rangy - who sold for 180,000 gns subsequently at Tatts.

Well done today songsheet. What is the mare going to this year i forget what you said. Did you sell Fareer the first time he went through the sales?

She's sif to BAHAMIAN BOUNTY again, so full sibling to FAREER, all being well. Have a COMPTON PLACE full brother to her other Stakes horse, MONSIEUR BOULANGER in field who'll go as a yearling but we sold FAREER as a foal. The 2yo DIAMOND GREEN colt is going to Ed Dunlops in a few week's time.

It's great for Shamardal he's getting very big books of mares that may reduce the price of some of his offspring though. Theres another person on the Betfair forum who has a mare sent to him if that can be believed i dont know the same will be said about me of course.

Back