Bloodstock News 2010

Majestic Missile's pedigree is stronger than Bush Ranger's on paper. He was not the only good runner by the dam and the dam was a runner and winner unlike Bush Ranger. Bush Ranger is still attractive but he's in the same bracket as Majestic Missile pedigree wise. Bush ranger has the better race record.

Bush Ranger is by Danetime who is becoming a very good sire which is very good as his sons may become good sires and at a reasonable price at the start. I like the way his blood has Green Desert a few generations back.

I've never really liked Royal Applause, MM dam is nothing to talk about really and his race record is average although he stayed stound

Well, as I said, the MAJESTIC MISSILE I co-bred is out of a DANETIME (unraced) mare, who was a really strongly-made, pleasant-looking animal. The Murphys will be selling the colt by them at the Goresbridge Breeze-Up, which is why I wondered if anyone knew much about that, or even went, as I'd like to know what he looks like.

I got the mare i/f to MM at Goff's for £5,000 with the help of Paul Thorman of Trickledown Stud, one of Songsheet's good friends and co-breeders, and a great mentor.

Well found, Miss Marple! Thanks - I hope the Murphy boys can make their money back, which wouldn't be too hard!! :rolleyes:

NELL Gwynn Stakes winner Music Show certainly boasts an unusual bloodstock combination - bred by Darley, sold at Goresbridge.
The Mick Channon-trained Noverre half-sister to Fantasia Girl was purchased by agent Gill Richardson at the fourth renewal of the Goresbridge breeze-up sale last May for €16,000. Notable past graduates of the auction include smart sprinter Hitchens and Italian Group 3 scorer Shot Bless

I heard about him last week hurting his back but this will really hurt Ravens Pass as a small second crop is a big issue.

Quest For Fame has been retired from stud duties

Never saw him in the flesh but there were some fantastic photographs of him on the Australian stud website (was it Woodlands he was based at) and have to say his son Dracula was one of the most handsome looking horses I ever saw.

Last edited:
NATAGORA has foaled a grey filly by NAYEF and goes back to that horse again and GHANAATI is sif to DANSILI. Both are owned by Shadwell.

On a much lesser note, SONGSHEET is sif to BAHAMIAN BOUNTY, OCEANICO DOT COM scanned 28 days i/f to CAPTAIN RIO and BARRANTES gets covered either today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
SONGSHEET is preparing a very special gnash to your retreating bottom for that remark, modom! Excellent news - FAREER II is on the way! Who are you sending Pants to, Songy?

I hope it's DIAMOND GREEN - when Joe Fo rang me to tell me about OCEANICO yesterday, I asked if BARRANTES had been covered and he said no, being covered at the weekend.. silence for a few seconds then he asked quietly which stallion had we booked ??!?!!

Think he's been discussed earlier in the thread but I saw my first Footstepsinthesand filly last night at Haydock for Alan Bailey - Turn The Tide. Very impressive lengthy looking filly, I'd say she was at least a hand bigger than everything else in the race including representatives from the bigger yards (Richard Hannon and Dandy Nicholls).

Hope he does well this year and will be sure to follow Turn The Tide's progress closely :)

Inspection morning this morning by Michael (Chip) Dale from DBS, which just happens to coincide with the farrier (quite by chance! Not usually so ornaganised!), so for once he won't have to schlep out to the field to see them... He's only looking at the Compo/Songy colt anyway, although the ISHIGURU/PETROVNA filly is looking gorgeous. While it was good for once to get himand Mike at the same time, Phil booking Stan our embryo transfer tech at the same time maybe was taking 'being organised' a bit too far....... should be hectic! :cool:

Michael was late, so found us in the middle of trimming everything and all of them not behaving too well, as too excited at seeing one another again. Well, with the exception of Tolley, the cob filly, who bunked off for a night with the boys a month or so ago.... hopefully she's too young to get in foal and they are pretty clueless but she'll get estrumated in a bit just to be sure!

Think the generla impression is that hte Compton is in the St Leger if we thik he'll be ready for August, which is questionable.

Back