Bloodstock News

What did you think of the sale overall Gal.I thought some prices were very good but some i was expecting better especially the Storm cat out of Airwave

Some good prices at Newmarket today,

Pivotal x Briolette filly 650k sold to Shadwell
Galileo x Caumshinaum colt 650k sold to Robert Ogden
Montjue x Colorspin colt 550k sold to Coolmore

George-Washington-Filly-Tattersalls_2370307.jpg

I thought she had a poor walk - hind legs didn't stretch far forward, it looked quite scratchy to my untutored eye compared eg to the sister of Frozen Fire which went through just befoe her (fecthed 260K). I revised my estimate severely downwards anyway, when she came into the ring, though it was hard to see much from the tiny video

it was fun watching them all crowding into the ring as her number came up!

Hannon confirms that she was bought for Julie Woods, who started off not so long ago with a £2000 horse! I presume that was Gilded?

Last edited:
ah its hard to see on the small screen.thought she would make around 400 but thats the way it goes she could be a bargain:D

GW Filly was sold at a profit of $ 124,000 from when she was purchased in November last year.

I thought she would go for more today.

This is the one I really liked - Montjeu x Colorspin sold for £550,000 to John Magnier
ChesterSept09017.jpg

But here is a (almost nice!) picture of the GW filly in her box - managed to get there when no one was around bar the two lasses but (unsurprisingly) wasnt offered to have her walked, unlike the rest of the lots we looked at in stalls.

ChesterSept09027.jpg

Also at the front for most of the day was Charlie Swan but had a freakout moment when Sheikh M stood behind me and started bidding - I was like "no please dont come and ask me to sign for the horse"!!

Back