Bloodstock News

ogden just bought another one.Coolmore are looking for a bit of outcross now buying unbridled songs and oasis dream it was the same with excellent art and with oasis dream the danzig is back far enough

Not sure if this was posted but Johannesburg has been sold and will stand in Japan.

Missed that Powerscourt. You would think there will be one or two shed from Tipperary as well for next season the way things are going.

Last edited:
I have a sneaky suspicion that Coolmore bought it back. They do that a lot with their home-breds, run them through the sales and have them bought back anonymously on their behalf by a bloodstock agent (usually Gordon-Watson Bloodstock, as is the case here). This is a colt for a change, Jude has had mostly fillies.

Yeah, I think that was Ogden's first year with flat horses, but he has a few now - maybe he's so old he now feels he wants to see results more quickly, and maybe like other NH owners he got despondent aobut injuries and losses

Anyone know who bought the sister to Frozen Fire which went through just before the GW filly for 260K? she looked nice form what little I could see on the vid. Thanks for the GW filly photo

Someone was advertising the other day in the RP for a barren Sadlers Wells mare, I wonder who and why? As a companion mare, and for the kudos or sentiment I guess?

Last edited:
Re: Galileo and STS - stud success for the former doesn't guarantee stud success for the latter. However, you'd have to be hopeful with Black Sam Bellamy also siring winners.

Regarding the half sister to Frozen Fire, this is another Coolmore owned horse
(Ashtown House Stud), purchased by BAA Ireland in this case, so I'd expect to see it with Aidan O'Brien next year.

I wonder if there is any significance in Coolmore having purchased only three Montjue yearlings over the two big yearling sales compared to ten by Galileo and six by Danehill Dancer.

The other lots signed for by Magnier or Demi O'Byrne at either Tattersalls or Goffs were by

Holy Roman Emporer 3
Hurricane Run 1
Footstepsinthesand 1
Dansili 1
Oasis Dream 1

I wonder if there is any significance in Coolmore having purchased only three Montjue yearlings over the two big yearling sales compared to ten by Galileo and six by Danehill Dancer.

The other lots signed for by Magnier or Demi O'Byrne at either Tattersalls or Goffs were by

Holy Roman Emporer 3
Hurricane Run 1
Footstepsinthesand 1
Dansili 1
Oasis Dream 1

How many where there ? There seemed to be pages of Danehill dancer's. Interesting they bought a Dansili having bought strategic prince to stand for them. They don't usually buy the competitions let alone stand them. I wonder do they think he's the future or have they bought into him or both. Have to say I liked the look of the Hurricane runs, I didn't think they'd look like ones that'd race at 2 but they do.

There were only four Montjeus who exceeded 200K (guineas and euros), and they bought three of those. I think they are sending alot of their mares to Montjeu that they would have sent previously to SW, and buying in the Galileos, many of them out of fast mares.

Montjeu seems to have some sort of problem that has never actually been fully explain in the press. Pretty sure his book of mares is significantly smaller than the typical Coolmore top sire.

Montjeu seems to have some sort of problem that has never actually been fully explain in the press. Pretty sure his book of mares is significantly smaller than the typical Coolmore top sire.

He gets late 2yr olds and if your mare hasn't got speed there's a good chance of getting a Gold Cup horse.(which I personally wouldn't mind but most do)

I have a sneaky suspicion that Coolmore bought it back. They do that a lot with their home-breds, run them through the sales and have them bought back anonymously on their behalf by a bloodstock agent (usually Gordon-Watson Bloodstock, as is the case here). This is a colt for a change, Jude has had mostly fillies.

I'm struggling to see on what basis Winker Watson has been sent to stud. Classic example of an animal who shouldn't be standing as a sire.

He won his first race in April of his 2yr old year. He than folowed up with the Norfolk and July Stakes Grp 2 over 5 and 6f respectively. he is outcross and perhaps he has great conformation. If he had been managed properly he would have had an 'injury' and retired earlier.

Back