Bloodstock News

This is the one I really liked - Montjeu x Colorspin sold for £550,000 to John Magnier

He looks nice but it seems a lot to pay for a horse who looks like he won't race till three out of a 26yr(now) old mare. Some of the montjeu's are very big. A replacment for Yeats perhaps being a half bro to Kayf Tara.

Gilded was bought for £13k at Dbs. I don't know what the Woods paid for her but she got 210k when they sold her at the end of her 2yr old year.Lovely tough filly.

Galileo's progeny dominating at Tattersalls. Sea The Stars has done his career no harm, Coolmore can't lose !

Galileo's fee is determined by his own success at stud at this stage, Sea The Stars racecourse performances wouldn't affect it. Until he has runners however there will be a premium on Sea The Stars fee due to the stud success of Galileo.

An Oasis Dream half-brother to German champion Kutub is popular - very popular. John Magnier lands him for 700,000.

I wonder who was underbidder. They must have really liked him to ensure that an Oasis Dream was the sales topper.

Presumably the fact that she was at the sales at all says something as you might expect that Coolmore had first look at her privately?

Sir Robert Ogden has bought a number of the more expensive lots during the week, including two Galileo colts at 650k and 550k.

I know he owns Sans Frontiers and Cashelgar but has he always owned flat horses or is this a relatively new venture?

Back