Bloodstock News

And Danehill Dancer is Private, along with Galileo and Montjeu - was he last season as well or is this new?

Interesting fee for Yeats, I hope he does well. :<3:

A couple of years ago I was convinced High Chaparral would be off to the NH division by now. Delighted to see him do well.

2009 -2008
Ad Valorem - 5000 -7000
Aussie Rules -6000 - 8000
Choisir - 6000 -8000
Danehill Dancer - Private - Private
Duke Of Marmalade - 30,000 - 40,000
Dylan Thomas - 25,000 - 35,000
Excellent Art - 12,500 - 17,500
Footstepsinthesand - 12,000 - 12,500
Galileo - Private - Private
High Chaparral - 15,000 - 10,000
Holy Roman Emperor - 17,500 - 25,000
Hurricane Run - 17,500 - 20,000
Ivan Denisovich - 3,000 - 4,000
Mastercraftsman - 20,000 NA
Montjeu - Private - Private
Oratorio - 15,000 - 17,500
Peintre Celebre - 17,500 - 20,000
Powerscourt - 7,500 - 5,000
Rock Of Gibraltar - 22,500 - 27,500
Strategic Prince - 4,000 - 6,000
Yeats - 10,000- NA

Hurricane Run looks at a good price seen him a few times now such an incredible looking horse up close.Oratorio isn't bad either good price when Dubawi is at £20000.

Peintre Celebre also looks a touch high considering he hasn't hit very many heights, and it's strange to see Duke of Marmalade at a higher fee than Dylan Thomas.

Duke Of Marmalade is from a great family - cannot wait to see his progeny run. Oratorio is interesting considering his end of season and the prospects of next season while High Chaparral has had two Group 1 wins in Australia of late. Surprised the likes of Ivan D have not been moved on.

Yes, but Duke of Marmalade had problems at 2 and 3, and didn't hold his form too well at the end of his 4 year old season. Dylan Thomas tough as boots, and if his trainer kept him in better shape, he could have had the possibility to show how well he could have ran in the Far east. Lost to some good horses, but nothing wrong with that as long as you keep coming back to the well and winning.

Ya me to i had new One Cool Cat was going but the person never said were.I was looking at the horses in Coolmore early last year and even though i didn't want to see One Cool Cat they pulled him out and said they could do good deals but it wasn't for me i'm afraid.I like the look of Hurricane Run he is the horse to follow i think but that could possibly be out of my price range maybe Strategic Prince:)

He's €7000 more.Apart from Poet's Voice they weren't the greatest dont get me wrong they weren't bad but i would take Shamardal before Dubawi for some reason.I think Oratorio has two nice sorts for next year Beethoven and the horse which i think is better is Fencing Master a nice prospect for next year

Ya me to i had new One Cool Cat was going but the person never said were.I was looking at the horses in Coolmore early last year and even though i didn't want to see One Cool Cat they pulled him out and said they could do good deals but it wasn't for me i'm afraid.I like the look of Hurricane Run he is the horse to follow i think but that could possibly be out of my price range maybe Strategic Prince:)

I agree, Hurricanes yearlings where the pick of the new stallions for me, which surprised me actually. Also Strategic P looks great and has a pedigree to die for.

Why would they move Ivan D on when his first crop haven't raced yet ?

Can't remember if this has been posted but yeats fee is 10,000

Mastercraftsman has been retired

Powerscourt is returning to Ireland

Last edited:
Rumplestiltskin's half sister, by Storm Cat out of a daughter of Miesque (and all that entails).

The Irish National stud dropped Invincible spirit by 5k to 45k for 2010 and left the rest of them the same. Laziness, incompidence or indifference ?

Or they think they are pitched at that right level for the market and feel they don't need to change them?

Casual inspection of the stallions they have and the economic climate would discredit that theory. Although obviously they don't feel they need to change them even if every other stud in the country does and has.

Every other stud in the country have probably not changed the prices of all their stallions, so hold the belief that some stallions are pitched at the correct level. I would imagine there are some studs with one stallion who have not changed their price for next year. Because the INS only changes one is their entitlement.

The INS has a group (excluding invincible spirit) of unproven and failing stallions.Stallions with comparable profiles in other studs have been adjusted t make them commercial.

The stud belongs to the State so they are entitled to get a kick in the arse if they're caught sitting on their hands.

Back