Breeder's Cup Meeting

Pounced wins for Europe - nice ride by Dettori.

Viscount Nelson broke slowly but Murtagh did not see to be in any rush off a very slow pace - no chance.

The speed of the turf course, and the help it's giving frontrunners, is really making Gladiatorous an interesting proposition at big odds.

Is there anything to take on Gladiatorous for the lead? After being so negative about him all season I really am looking at him keenly for this.

What do people make of Lord Shanakill's chances? I think the drop back in trip is a positive, he has a good draw for a horse that likes to sit close to the pace and that in itself looks like the favoured tactics on the turf course. I got 9's on the exchange and that looks a fair price to me.

Drop in trip might suit but I am not sure such a fast 6 furlongs will suit - could be taken off his feet early on. This is a downhill start isn't it?

I have to admit I was on Viscount Nelson as well... :o

I agree about Gladatorius.

I also admit I agree with you on Zenyatta, on whom I have done a complete about-turn - style means nothing in one sense, and its hard to say she's better than 123/124 for sure - Rip is a 130+ animal. Look forward to seeing his odds as it could be a really great bet.

I also think Mastercraftsman's price is becoming much more realsitic, but I also like the 2 Godolphin horses.

Despite the fact others may have a better idea of how our sprinters measure up, I'm all over Fleeting Spirit each way (larger stake on place part) as her odds are all wrong. She's nearly top rated by Timeform, and is so consistent. I think she'll take right to the surface so if she breaks well, I'm expecting a big run.

What a night's racing.

Last edited:
Question is Hamm do you trust Timeforms ratings of horses that I think they rate just once a year?

Personally I've been very very sweet on the fav since the Summer and he has looked a machine in California this year, here's hoping he can continue his excellent run and the 2/1 now available is far bigger than I took a few weeks back. Time to go in again :)

I think Fleeting Spirit is the best sprinter from these shores in a few years, and I make her shorter than 9/4 to be in the first 3. I don't trust any rating services in one sense (although Timeform are by a long way the best), but the fact they have her so close is further confidence for me in that she is overpriced - I would be slightly surprised is she won though :)

Fair enough Hamm - good luck though I hope you're only collecting on the place part (if Zen is beat obviously I hope FS wins :) )

Ok on to the juvenile...I like Alfred from earlier in the week but worried how the Ballydoyle juveniles have performed this weekend.

Both Ballydoyle horses have a chance for me (this isn't hindsight for those who have issues with the english language) but I almost think Beethoven's racinh style will suit more - he seemed a little like Oratorio in how he raced in the Dewhurst. Both can be backed at the crazy odds on the American tote - Radiohead is shorter than both!

Edit: Vale of York also worth a little interest at 34

Last edited:
Both Ballydoyle horses have a chance for me (this isn't hindsight for those who have issues with the english language) but I almost think Beethoven's racinh style will suit more - he seemed a little like Oratorio in how he raced in the Dewhurst. Both can be backed at the crazy odds on the American tote - Radiohead is shorter than both!

Edit: Vale of York also worth a little interest at 34

My only bet today is a permed multiple from yesterday with winners at 8/1 & 4/1 running onto Vale of York, Alfred Nobel & Lookin At Lucky, I expect LAL to win, but am happy with the chances of the other 2.

Back