Breeder's Cup Meeting

PS That's a very interesting article Gal, who wrote it?
I'm half convinced by it, even the remarks about a responsibility to encourage pro-ride in the US

Sorry Headstrong - I should have given the writer his dues - Chris McGrath from The Independent.

Cheers Gal - a very good piece and gets better with re-reading! Much food for thought

Alfred Nobel is a possible for the Juvenile dirt while Viscount Nelson may go for either that race or the Juvenile Turf. ( Saturday's Irish Times)

Last edited:
Don't start me off on Gol-DEE-kova
Anything with a Russian name ending in 'ova' is mis-pronounced. It drives me nuts!

Best prices:

RVW - 9/4
Mastercraftsmen - 12/1

Reading to between the lines of your earlier post Galileo, you think that they will both run?

Is anyone offering a match bet between the two (with a run)?

I see that it is Ladbrokes that are stand-out about Mastercraftsman... although to be honest, I've lost track of whether that is significant...

I suppose there is a chance they could re-route him to the mile, but I would think the Classic is the more likely option.

With Fame And Glory going the Champion Stakes route - that could mean he misses Santa Anita meaning Coolmore would be likely to be unrepresented in both the Turf and Mile race so perhaps they might split MCM and RVW up.

Given their investment in Galileo and Montjeu, would you consider it a rather disappointing return for them if they haven't got a horse suitable for the Breeders' Cup Turf this year?

Given their investment in Galileo and Montjeu, would you consider it a rather disappointing return for them if they haven't got a horse suitable for the Breeders' Cup Turf this year?

I suppose so - after the Derby you would not have thought F&G would be their only top staying three year old around.

They have been somewhat unlucky in that Age of Aquarius got injured, the form of his Grand Prix de Paris 2nd has worked out well, and that Soldier of Fortune hasn't made it back to the track.

Irish Times -

RACING NEWS : A FINAL decision on whether Sea The Stars will run in the Breeders’ Cup Classic could be made within the next 48 hours, with John Oxx yesterday reporting the colt to have emerged in very good shape from his Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe heroics.
The world’s best racehorse remains an odds-on favourite with some bookmakers for the €3.3 million highlight on the Pro-Ride synthetic surface at Santa Anita on November 7th.
Owner Christopher Tsui has described Sea The Stars as “50-50” to try to make it seven Group One wins in a row in America, and Oxx indicated that, physically, the colt is ready to run again this season if he is asked.
“He has come out of the Arc in very good shape, as well as he has come out of all his races. He has recovered at the same rate, lost the same amount of weight and put it back on, and he’s very fresh and well,” the Curragh trainer said yesterday.
“His coat has gone a bit – that’s why he sweated a bit at Longchamp because he’d gone a bit hairy – but that is not an issue. It’s just a normal physiological response to the changing of the seasons.
“We haven’t had an opportunity to discuss the issue yet. There were sales last week and we have to talk to the owners, so there are time difference issues there as well. But we may know more by the middle of the week,” he added.

What will it prove if he wins? How would that make him a superstar?
A 'star' maybe, but he still won't have beaten the best horse of his generation
it won't re-write the season

Back