Breeder's Cup Meeting

Guest_

At the Start
Mastercraftsman runs in the "Breeders Cup Classic Trial" at Dundalk on Friday night to see weither he joins Rip Van Winkle in the Classic at Santa Anita. How mega would it be to see these two and Sea The Stars turn up at Santa Anita?!

Whats the field look like for the BC Trial Gal?

Hoping there will be some naughty each way bets in the race...

Nothing of note GS, should be a walk in the park for MCM. Be interesting to see how many actually run knowing that he is going to turn up.

Don't think he stays 10 furlongs on turf, and although i don't know a huge amount about the pro ride, or whatever artificial surface in particular SA has, I wouldn't expect him to figure, unless of course if it was a particularly easy 10 there, given the american style of racing.

Think the nature of Santa Anita will give him a shout at getting it well enough to place in the race.

I still think if he wins the Diamond on friday at dundalk he should go for the Breeders Cup mile why put him in the Classic when you know Rip Van Winkle is your best horse in that race and in saying that i think Rip would be better suited to a Mile at santa anita aswell but purely to make him into a Champion he has to win a classic

Mastercraftsman would have little or no chance of the Santa Anita turf mile - far too short for him.

The Dundalk race is 1m 2 and a half furlongs, isn't it? Winning it gets you into the Marathon but I can't see him going down that route!

Absolutely no chance.For me the Breeders Cup Classic is the most mportant race of the year for Coolmore-they are determined to win it.

Goldikova will batter the BC Mile if she continues her amazing form this weekend. If she doesn't then I'd be incredibly interested in Gladiatorus if they run him on Lasix over there in all seriousness.

Think the nature of Santa Anita will give him a shout at getting it well enough to place in the race.

The typical American dirt end to end racing style should certainly suit him to a tee anyway. I suppose the downside of that is that it may well compromise his chances of seeing out the trip, whatever about the nature of the track.

In any case, I can't see him being good enough for either race myself.

Last edited:
A field of 12 for the Diamond Stakes including Mastercraftsman's stablemates Augustusthestrong and Man of Iron. Lord Admiral and Fiery Lad the pick of the rest. It should be a handy run out for Mastercraftsman.

Expect Justenuffhumor to be in the Godolphin blue by November especially with Delegator not running to expectations at the weekend.

Gitano Hernando a cracking price for the Marathon particularly with PP's odds compiler pissed when he was pricing up the fav.

Might Mastercraftsman go for the Champion Stakes at Newmarket instead of the Breeder's Cup, given Coolmore's desire for Danehill Dancer to be champion sire.

Might Mastercraftsman go for the Champion Stakes at Newmarket instead of the Breeder's Cup, given Coolmore's desire for Danehill Dancer to be champion sire.

I could see Fame And Glory try for the Champion. MCM will definitely go Breeders Cup Classic all going well tomorrow.

Gitano Hernando a cracking price for the Marathon particularly with PP's odds compiler pissed when he was pricing up the fav.

Have to agree, he is a big price.
Isnt he going for the Goodwood at Santa Anita next week? He might end up going for the Classic..

I have to say I like Spanish Moon at 20s for the Turf as well. I think hes terribly underrated..

Mastercraftsman has had two hard races against horses at the very highest level,the distance is a little bit further then he wants and he disappointed at odds on this week last year.I have laid him at 1.23.

From the Betfair forum:

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The Gotchee 02 Oct 20:37
spacer.gif
Unlucky, Mastercraftsman got first run

Back