Breeders Cup

There was a very quiet gamble landed on him the day he won his maiden.
If Man of Iron and Muhannak can win this race so can Bright Horizon.

Last edited:
I will certainly be backing him at 6/1. The surface is a complete unkown but the price reflects that.

Those thinking of supporting a 3-y-o in the Marathon should take not that the WFA allowance is just 4 lb, the same as it is in the BC Classic. Timeforms WFA suggests it should be 9 lb.

I don't think the course / going will be any inconvenience to her - 5/2 with Ladbrokes is buying money in me book. (losing book). Easier race than last year - she's at least as good as last year!!!:cool::p

Those thinking of supporting a 3-y-o in the Marathon should take not that the WFA allowance is just 4 lb, the same as it is in the BC Classic. Timeforms WFA suggests it should be 9 lb.

That is news to me. Put a line through them?

Dont think the weight for age allowance will make the difference - I respect the timeform view but WFA here is only 3lb - Anyone got a perspective on the yanks?

I wouldn't touch Bright Horizon on a dirt track when his most improved effort came on an easy surface over 2 miles.

I wouldn't touch Bright Horizon on a dirt track when his most improved effort came on an easy surface over 2 miles.

I respect your view but I think it was the distance that brought about his improvement the last day.Fridays race will be runnat a point to point pace and I think anything over 6s makes him a solid bet.

What's the story with the seniority of membership ? Is it down to the amount of guff you post? Age? Number of posts???? Length of membership??

That is news to me. Put a line through them?

I wouldn't disregard them on that score alone no. Man Of Iron and Mastery were first and second last year on the same terms, just something to be aware of that if the race was in Europe they'd be getting 8 lb off the older horses instead of 4 lb. I'd be inclined to stick a line through him on pedigree though!

Last edited:
Mantoba's Newmarket time marks him out as a high-class juvenile and he looks a decent bet at 6/1.

Theyskens' Theory's performances at Newmarket and Goodwood have been franked recently and her pedigree suggests she won't be inconvenienced by a dirt surface.

Agreed DJ...nothing about him suggests he will appreciate a dirt track.

Really interested in Theyskens' Theory - she on the other hand should relish a dirt track.

Mantoba's Newmarket time marks him out as a high-class juvenile and he looks a decent bet at 6/1.

Hadn't looked close enough at the decs to realise Mantoba was going there. A horse of plenty of potential I agree but given how strong he was at the finish, would you share my concerns at all gus that the 7f round track may not play to his strengths.

I see the Sangster's have sold him to Paul Reddam of Crowded House and Red Rocks fame.

Cannot see AZ Warrior beat in the fillies - massive run and clock last time when switched to dirt - still available at 4/1 over here - morning line price will be no more than 5/2

I take your point, DJ. There's not much resemblance to the straight mile at Newmarket, is there? He's got a decent draw, though. He raced quite prominently at Newmarket but only really got on top in the final furlong and, as you say, he was strong at the finish. I'd be hopeful provided he gets a reasonable start.

Beethoven could be a place bet in the mile-ran a solid race in last years Juvenille and might just like the American style of racing.

Really beginning to fancy Gio Ponti for the Mile. He's looked awesome at times when winning and has usually had excuses when he hasn't. His Classic form last year is as good as any bar Goldikova but she doesn't have a great draw.

The nap for the Breeder's Cup is that I will ignore all that American shite, enjoy a glass or two of vino and have an enjoyable night not watching it.

I think it's hilarious that Michael Stoute has pissed off the yanks good and proper with his calls for more watering - you tell 'em!

By the way, we seem to have forgotten our manners on here - welcome to the forum, OTB, and thanks for your contributions. Going by your avatar, you must be our youngest member!

Back