Breeder's Cup

really nice race this is

I'm going to back Strong Suit...i know many don't think a mile is his bag but his breeding says otherwise imo

hannon is 4 wins from 6 runners up to 2 Nov..not sure what he had today though

Can't see him winning from his draw, also Hannon has never trained a winner outside Europe

I've gone Strong Suit, Zoffany and Gio Ponte. A hunch Goldikova will run badly, even if she doesn't she's not the force she was and is beatable.

It was entirely avoidable for GOLDIKOVA if Peslier hadn't panicked and smashed his way out of the box he'd put her in, the fool. He could've brought her down and certainly the horse at the back. Fortunately, the stewards decided not to embarrass the brilliant mare on her last-ever appearance and place her behind the horse she was forced to barge - how degrading to her great name would that have been? Really, you expect so much more from a rider. They should've put up JJ O'Brien, who's topped off a fantastic Flat season in a truly heart-warming style, now being the youngest-ever rider in a Breeders' Cup, and actually smiling broadly and speaking very articulately to camera. I loved Gerry Bailey's analogy to him folding down into the horse "like a lizard on a log" - very apt description of the lad's ability to streamline himself to good effect.

I've had my biggest bet of the day on St Nicholas Abbey, backed Quito de la roque pre race and at 55 in running and somehow or other I'm having my worst betting day in ages. I'm relying on Mr O'Brien to post the bail.

The coverage is really good and I've enjoyed the overhead shots of the races, although the 'death position' view of their feet thundering past is a waste of space (arty, but totally inessential). Enjoyed the stories of horses, trainers and owners in between, too, and there sure are some astounding tales coming out of the event. Now I just want to see FLAT OUT flatten them and the evening will be complete.

I've had my biggest bet of the day on St Nicholas Abbey, backed Quito de la roque pre race and at 55 in running and somehow or other I'm having my worst betting day in ages. I'm relying on Mr O'Brien to post the bail.

Jesus man, how have you done that??

Drink! I thought I had a largish bet on Wrote, and successfully managed to have my in running lay off matched. That didn't help. Aquaduct and Turf Paradise had unsuccessful visits after that.

Back