Breeder's Cup

I thought the opposite, thought he had the run of the race. Maybe he had to hold onto him for 3 or 4 seconds more than he wanted but every opportunity to beat the runner up.

Coolmore will still be somewhat happy, they bought the dam of Drosselmeyer last November, she visited Galileo this year.

I wonder why they didn't go on with SYT or at least stay up with the leader. He stays 1m2f well but doesn't have instant acceleration although he keeps going. Having him three lengths back on the turn was hardly ideal. He should have been kicking on off the turn.

SYT showed plenty of speed when taking it up at Ascot (both times) but couldn't maintain it to the line.
Fell in a hole again today, losing 4 or 5 places in the last 100yds, and I'm still to be convinced there isn't a query against his stamina.

I thought Moore wasn't great on SYT.

He is a very disappointing horse. I have been against him all year but thought tonight was his chance - he had the run of the race but again was found out. With European horses filling 3 of the first 4 in the Melbourne Cup it does point to the fact that Aussie middle distance and beyond horses have a bit to find on their European and American cousins.

I thought the meeting was pretty poor. Churchill Downs turf track is a joke makes it look like greyhound racing . The dirt is dreadful and not worth watching . Roll on the Open Meeting.

Next year Champions Day and the Breeders are only two weeks apart - and I suggest it is the latter that will suffer.

Last edited:
So you Think to be dropped back in trip............Moore said "they didn't go quick enough for him"..............O'Brien "he has so much speed".

They are going to try him at a mile......but you never know the July Cup could be on the cards!!!:whistle:

So you Think to be dropped back in trip............Moore said "they didn't go quick enough for him"..............O'Brien "he has so much speed".

They are going to try him at a mile......but you never know the July Cup could be on the cards!!!:whistle:

Dropping him back to a mile might not be as daft as it sounds - considering how easily he won his 10f races around some very sharp tracks in Australia, and how easily he's travelled at that distance in his 10f races since.
I've made much the same point since he first came over here.;)

Posted a few pages back on this thread by Pearsy

Also sticking with Mott for the Classic. Uncle Mo a big doubt to stay the trip and you can be sure they will go a serious lick from the gates to test his suspect stamina. Someone will be closing fast and late to pick up the pieces so step forward last year's Belmont winner (1 1/2 miles) Drosselmeyer, coming off a nice runner up finish last time in the Jockey Club Gold Cup to set him up perfectly for the big one. He's reportedly been working very nicely on the track and I've taken the 25/1 ew so if he hits the frame I'll be happy.
Well done, sir, I hope you're very happy indeed.

Last edited:
Had 3 of them been over 1/2f shorter, we might be talkiing of him in the same terms as the Australians.

I'm not really seeing this Reet tbh

he looks a bull of a galloper to me and i'm not surprised he was tried over further than 10f before.

He doesn't have speed for a mile imo..his battling strength is at 10f..as he showed against the filly in Ireland..she was on top form that day and he grinded her down

just because a horse gets beaten doesn't mean you have to keep trying new trips..sometimes it just means that you are getting beat by better horses on the day.

Posted a few pages back on this thread by Pearsy

Well done, sir, I hope you're very happy indeed.

Thanks Grey, I'm still in a state of heightened excitement tbh lol. My Mum and Stepdad live in the States and they were watching and cheering him on as well so it was a very sweet win. Always looked like a card that could throw up lots of shocks so thank feck I got one of them. :lol:

Thanks Grey, I'm still in a state of heightened excitement tbh lol. My Mum and Stepdad live in the States and they were watching and cheering him on as well so it was a very sweet win. Always looked like a card that could throw up lots of shocks so thank feck I got one of them. :lol:

well done indeed

thirded :D. nearest I got to anything remotely useful was "ooh, that grey is pretty,whats it called?" to my friend on facebook (something long beginning with T was the answer!) then watching it go down by a nostril...

trudi's marvellous tipping service has all the best ways of choosing its runners... :) (£2.50 a minute, calls from mobiles will be higher, dial 0878 trudesgotbigtips for info ;) )

Last edited:
Apart from being so tired/hungover that I'd quite like to be put down on humane grounds right now we had a great day. Still spitting that I was once horse wrong in the Superfecta for the Classic!

Miesque - were you milling with the O'Brien party? There looked to be dozens of people 'attached' and I wondered if you were one of them? What a stonkingly superb ride from JJ - he really held all nerve and exuded confidence post-race, gave a smashing little debrief to the hacks and looked happier than I've ever seen him (albeit only on tv). A monster pack of (sugarfree) Polos to him and SNA, who truly showed his star quality.

Miesque - were you milling with the O'Brien party? There looked to be dozens of people 'attached' and I wondered if you were one of them? What a stonkingly superb ride from JJ - he really held all nerve and exuded confidence post-race, gave a smashing little debrief to the hacks and looked happier than I've ever seen him (albeit only on tv). A monster pack of (sugarfree) Polos to him and SNA, who truly showed his star quality.

Yes, but only for the Juv Turf and Turf....I gave up on traipsing up and down to the paddock in heels after SNA won!

Back