Breeding and Bloodstock Sales

67447a5275144a30204c6855a554ad1d.jpg

As she was a forum regular back along ( sorry to rub it in if you’re looking Lord H !!) this will have some speed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just seen a stallion advertised on Facebook called Michigan. I looked it up and it was fecking useless! A nonnwinner he was beaten 129l last time in a seller. As far as i can see it's not even that well related bar being by Galileo but the advertiser is stating it's closely related to Winx!! Ok She's by Street Cry as is this yokes dam but that's not how it works. Its not even a very nice looking horse. I despair sometimes.

Usually, although I think they're moving away from stores because it's hard to syndicate a horse that you know won't run for the best part of a year.

Who does their buying mostly? they are remarkably good at spotting affordable horses
Willie sources all SHR horses, usually via the two people described in an old article from the Guardian:

[h=2]Harold Kirk
Bloodstock agent, Ireland[/h][FONT=&quot]With Pierre Boulard, Kirk is one of two bloodstock agents on whom Mullins has come to rely for a constant flow of equine talent into his yard. “The best analogy is that they’re like a couple of football scouts,” the trainer says. “They keep an eye on the horses around and if there are any to be bought, they can go and have a look for me and weigh up the value on offer.” Kirk rode against Mullins decades ago and set up as a trainer at about the same time as the other man but gradually moved into bloodstock. “He was based in the north of Ireland,” Mullins says, “and, in the days when motorways weren’t so good, I used to use him to look at horses there instead of trying to go up myself. He always had a good eye and it suited me to have someone I could trust.”[/FONT]
[h=2]Pierre Boulard
Bloodstock agent, France[/h][FONT=&quot]Mullins’s man in France also provides a treasured link to the past and to the most famous horse ever trained by a Mullins, Dawn Run. When she was sent over to race in France by Mullins’s father, Paddy, Boulard was working in the Parisian stable where she stayed and his good English led to him becoming the main point of contact. “He and Harold work together and come back to me when they have something,” Mullins says. Boulard once sent over a three-year-old filly so small that Mullins jokes about how she got off the lorry and ran between his legs. He immediately called Boulard, “though I knew my money was spent. ‘Ah, Pierre, this mare … She’s not real big.’” “Ah, but she’s got a real big heart,” Boulard replied. It was Quevega, who became a six-times Festival winner.[/FONT]

It's noticeable that Sean Mulryan is buying more and spending good money again. He was quiet for a good while.

Back