Breeding and Bloodstock Sales

Connie was covered by Dartmouth for the second time on 27th March. Scanned in foal on 12th April and today's scan revealed cells and a heartbeat.

It's going to be an interesting 10 months.

Jim Bolger breeding strikes again in Japan.
Condessa, Musidora and Yorkshire Oaks winner for him in 1981 is great, great grand dam of Liberty Island , winner of Japanese 1000Gns and Oaks and considered one of the world's best three year olds this year.
She may even run in the Arc , forty plus years after Condessa.
Martin Stephens in Racing Post is becoming a big Jim fan; Jim gives him plenty to write about; first French 2000 Gns winner now this Rising Sun star.
Martin may be angling on ghosting JSB's autobiography down the road.

Did anyone see the piece about a horse fetching 500,000at the sales and unfortunately died in a freak accident in its box in transit.
Very sad.

Yes. You’d have to hope they sorted the insurance out before it was loaded onto the lorry! That’s one thing I always did.

Zenyatta had a filly a few days ago and now has retired from breeding ( but is staying at Lanes end )
5227eebf81ceb0c81e257f225fd29e32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tattersalls Ireland have announced no more sales to be held at Ascot and they are to be moved to Newmarket. That's a real shame, aside from personal convenience, as think these sales have given a market to people and horses who would otherwise have nowhere to go,and will potentially get lost/be put off by Newmarket.

It’s a huge shame, I agree. The Pointing fraternity are certainly not happy as it was the place to go to buy pointers. Now it’s trying to become like Ireland selling those once or twice raced “with potential” so you’re pricing the one horse trainer out of it. Poor decision!

Could someone please show me the family tree of Ylang Ylang as trying to see how she cost so much. her sire aside, as a yearling other than she must have looked like a superstar waiting to happen, as the mare did nothing and looks as if this is her first produce? Thanks in advance.

Could someone please show me the family tree of Ylang Ylang as trying to see how she cost so much. her sire aside, as a yearling other than she must have looked like a superstar waiting to happen, as the mare did nothing and looks as if this is her first produce? Thanks in advance.

The dam had black type , listed placed twice.
The Frankel Shamardal cross gave Converge rated 120 and Frankellina (105)
Thin enough but dam a half sister to Viva Pataca (Marju), a huge Hong Kong earner.
It would be interesting to know who ran her up G-G.
Circus Ring was a top very quick filly as you well know and hope springs eternal that if Frankel could inject more into this filly than Marju did for Viva Pataca you could be in business.
If I had a spare 1.5 million I may not be so brave !

Suppose if you had that kind of money you wouldn't necessarily need too much convincing but seems steep , black type at listed place not huge endorsement I guess unless beaten by likes of an Enable! I'm a huge fan/bore about 'look what's in front of them rather than look at the page'..I'd be interested to see her in the flesh if she comes to the UK. :)

Didn't kvow where to put this,so here goes:
Mezzo Soprano, an E360k 2yo won 1st time up and is entered in a 5k seller at Thirsk (4.40) tomorrow.
Anyone smell burnt fingers?

Wow -that is a very American move -can't recall ever seeing anything like it in this part of the world over the last 40 years.

Big Niarchos dispersal at Goffs November.
44 mares, 5 Group1 winners, 10 Group winners.
Alpha Centauri in foal to Sea The Stars,
Alpine Star in foal to Frankel
Tapestry in foal to Dubawi.
Euro millions is 130 million next week so can someone fix it for me pls?
I promise not to try breed Bumper horses......for a year or two at any rate..

That would be really good to be there in person to see that. Marsha was really fun to watch in person as was the Giant's Causeway x Urban Sea foal at Tatts.

Last edited:
I was there the day of Paul Makin's dispersal ; the monitor could not keep up with the bids.
One of the Doyles was talking to a bidder on his phone and you could nearly see the battery going dead on him.
A rare day that hopefully we shall see again this November.

That's surely it for the family colours -by their stellar standards they have declined in recent years.Mrs Harrington did her best to keep them where they belong.

Back