Breeding and Bloodstock Sales

Quevega and her colt foal by Walk in The Park born at the Irish national Stud last night

attachment.php

Attachments

• Quevega.jpg
    Quevega.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 123
First win for stallion Schiaparelli today with Man From Mars at Kempton. Been knocking on the door with some of his few runners so far. Have a particular interest as have bred a four year old currently in training although will not run this season ( not still owned by me but will always be my baby and see him when I can) ,and a yearling by him who will remain mine and is the 2023/2024 Gold Cup winner.............
A lovely looking horse, had a steady good number of decent mares. Really hope he has a successful career.

Breeding and Bloodstock 2015

Taking this thread into 2018, I got this today - to say I'm looking forward to this one is a massive understatement !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
305b5016c875dd7f1d1e410dfd00dd8e.jpg

Last edited:
Well done, and nice choice of stallion - his mum was an oddball but a lovely character.

I've got Ladies IF to Dandy Man, Fascinating Rock and one still incubating

First win for stallion Schiaparelli today with Man From Mars at Kempton. Been knocking on the door with some of his few runners so far. Have a particular interest as have bred a four year old currently in training although will not run this season ( not still owned by me but will always be my baby and see him when I can) ,and a yearling by him who will remain mine and is the 2023/2024 Gold Cup winner.............
A lovely looking horse, had a steady good number of decent mares. Really hope he has a successful career.

Not really sure where to post this so apologies but:

Is She Diesel , a 5 year old mare by Schiaparelli, wins at Ballinrobe on Monday AND Tuesday evenings. I'm sure there must be but any other examples of horses running over jumps two days running and winning?This can't be all that common I would have thought? She must be tough bless her.

Last edited:
Not really sure where to post this so apologies but:

Is She Diesel , a 5 year old mare by Schiaparelli, wins at Ballinrobe on Monday AND Tuesday evenings. I'm sure there must be but any other examples of horses running over jumps two days running and winning?This can't be all that common I would have thought? She must be tough bless her.
Shirocco, Getaway and Schiaparelli. That Monsun line is quite promising isn't it.

Shirocco, Getaway and Schiaparelli. That Monsun line is quite promising isn't it.

Yes they are doing okay. Still a lot of Schiaparelli's to come out yet, oldest crop only 5. Simon Sweeting was telling me at Doncaster last week that as a collective they seem to not be early types, but that's not necessarily a bad thing when the oldest is still only 5.
My covering fee for my yearling looking a bargain right now as a silent auction win from Cheltenham November meeting :)

A friend of mine told me she really liked the Schiaparelli's she saw at the sales a couple of years ago but plenty of others didn't. Think she bought three pretty cheaply privately.

Our old mare Megablue scanned in foal to Pether's Moon at Yorton Farm this week so excited to see what she produces even though she's back in our trainers ownership now.

Martin

Prices at the Goffs Land Rover and Tatts Irish Derby Sales are going to be interesting. I've got my eye on a couple if Supreme get involved.

A friend of mine told me she really liked the Schiaparelli's she saw at the sales a couple of years ago but plenty of others didn't. Think she bought three pretty cheaply privately.

Our old mare Megablue scanned in foal to Pether's Moon at Yorton Farm this week so excited to see what she produces even though she's back in our trainers ownership now.

Martin

Generally, they are not great at 3 year olds, the ones I have seen including the one I bred. I wouldn't take them to a sale at that age or before, until he starts having some serious winners. They are all over the place, but they get better as they get older in my experience, and I have seen quite a few now. Appreciate that some breeders aren't looking to keep them/race them but quite a few have returned to him with the same mares having liked what has been produced previously.

My friend looked at them as yearlings I think - said you can put them in a field for a bit if they don't look great or break them in and send them p2ping or into a bumper yourself.

My friends weren't expensive so weren't the best page wise.

Martin

Know a few people who have bought Black Sam Bellamy mares cheaply and won a p2p with them before selling them - can think of two that were less than £1,000 off hand that made £30k+ so anything cheap by him going through the ring might draw more attention from folk I know lol

From the Goffs London sale: why would you pay £900k and have him gelded straight away?

"Trade proved strong at yesterday’s fourth renewal of the Goffs London Sale in association with QIPCO which took place in glorious sunshine at The Orangery, Kensington Palace. The Classic placed Lockheed was the top lot selling for £900,000 to Australian agent, Chris McAnulty on behalf of Hong Kong based owner, Henry Cheng Kar Shum. The three-year-old son of Exceed and Excel was sold by the China Horse Club and had been in training with William Haggas.

Chris McAnulty commented: “He will be gelded and given a couple of months here in the UK before being shipped to John Sizer’s yard in Hong Kong. He’s for a long-time owner, Henry Cheng Kar Shum and this is the first time he has purchased at a European sale. I must pay particular thanks to his personal assistant Eric Wong who was instrumental in facilitating the purchase."

Apologies if this has already been posted by TBA NH Stallion Parade will not be held at the racecourse this year. Great move by the so called 'home' of NH racing.

Darley to send a few mares to Galileo in 2018 and Coolmore are shuttling a stallion from Oz called "Pride Of Dubai "
The times they are a changing for sure.

12 month on line subscription for Irish Field available for 99 Euro with a 50 Euro Red Mills voucher free; must be the best Christmas offer out there.

Attended the last day of the foal sale today at Tatts: obviously only a limited viewing of the sale but have to say fell in love with the Outstrip foals. Really good types. Almost bought a filly she was so lovely.

Also read in the December Owner/Breeder magazine that Pentire dead at 25.

Sad sight today at Tatts as the great Islington led into the ring by a gentleman struggling to hold back the tears and as he stood and watched her sell. She looked absolutely fabulous bless her.

Back