Champion Bumper

PRICEWISE2008

At the Start
Always love the puzzle of the bumper in the buildup to Cheltenham. Which is Mullins' best chance - riding arrangements ect..Not necessarily my fav race of the festival, but it's the one I love most to back the winner of. What wins this year folks?? Dunguib for me at this early stage, looks to have been put away for this following 3 excellent efforts..Jockey is a big negative for me though. Any hopes for an English trained winner??

Bit early to be speculating about riding arrangements for the Mullins team I'd have thought.

John Kiely holds a decent hand as well with the likes of Wave Power and Sweeps Hill.

Dunguib's Navan form is undoubtedly the strongest bumper form of the year.

Only one thing is certain - Meath All-Star will be the best-named horse in the race. :D

Bit early to be speculating about riding arrangements for the Mullins team I'd have thought.

John Kiely holds a decent hand as well with the likes of Wave Power and Sweeps Hill.

Only one thing is certain - Meath All-Star will be the best-named horse in the race. :D

A great name for sure trackside:cool:. Clare crowd are gone off the boil a bit, but we'll be back:D.

Will be the only Meath All Star worth talking about for quite some time i imagine!!

Always love the puzzle of the bumper in the buildup to Cheltenham. Which is Mullins' best chance - riding arrangements ect..Not necessarily my fav race of the festival, but it's the one I love most to back the winner of. What wins this year folks?? Dunguib for me at this early stage, looks to have been put away for this following 3 excellent efforts..Jockey is a big negative for me though. Any hopes for an English trained winner??

Why is the jockey a big negative?

He probably will not be riding him in the big race, but what have you against him when he is riding against other amateurs?

I suspect that Willie has something better still to come out. He has had some impressive winners but nothing that strikes me as a Cheltenham winner. Quinola des Obeaux has beaten trees so far!

Why is the jockey a big negative?

He probably will not be riding him in the big race, but what have you against him when he is riding against other amateurs?

I suspect that Willie has something better still to come out. He has had some impressive winners but nothing that strikes me as a Cheltenham winner. Quinola des Obeaux has beaten trees so far!

Quinola was massively impressive at Cork, kicked away from the field in a matter of strides and galloped to the line. Agree too that Mullins could still have a dark one lurking in backround somewhere.

Dunguibs jockey is a concern for me, granted he does ride a fair few winners,but I've been on the wrong end of his rather "awkward style" once too often:eek: It's just an opinion..

Quinola was massively impressive at Cork, kicked away from the field in a matter of strides and galloped to the line. Agree too that Mullins could still have a dark one lurking in backround somewhere.

Dunguibs jockey is a concern for me, granted he does ride a fair few winners,but I've been on the wrong end of his rather "awkward style" once too often:eek: It's just an opinion..

I am pretty sure that you are confusing him with Barry Connell who rides all his own horses. This chap is much much better than him.

I am pretty sure that you are confusing him with Barry Connell who rides all his own horses. This chap is much much better than him.

DistantView my humble apologies..I always assumed (incorrectly obviously) that they were one and the same:eek::eek::eek: Thanks for clearing that up for me..I will lump on another few bob tonight so:)

Connell's Shinrock Paddy looks a decent prospect as well - though the race he won at Cheltenham was farcical.

The prospect of Barry Connell riding the winner of the Champion Bumper brings a smile to my face...

Gagewell Flyer for me. Will be laying Sweeps Hill when he runs next. received all the allowances the last day.

Gagewell Flyer for me. Will be laying Sweeps Hill when he runs next. received all the allowances the last day.

Gagewell Flyer is the one I backed as well.

Sweeps Hill has been virtually declared a non-runner by his trainer for Cheltenham.

After doing my family tree research any reps from Cork or Mayo as yet?

Sure my mother located some Donegal in there whilst doing our family tree.

And, he adds in hushed tones, some English. But it's ok, it was Northumberland.

On the subject of the Champion Bumper, I'd probably echo Hamm's sentiments.

Galileo-Cantoris..Ye must be on at fair fancy prices:cool:

I know the owners of the horse that finished second to him at Fairyhouse and he is a decent type. I just liked his action which is of a faster ground horse and he travelled well in a well run race, quickened clear and won on the bridle. The second was then fourth to Wave Power the next day......good enough for me. He is also by Deploy and likely to be speedier than most national hunt types. Just my view at the moment.

PS I'm still reeling from You'll Never Walk Alone being pulled out of the race with injury. Had him at 14s. What a cert he would have been!!

I know the owners of the horse that finished second to him at Fairyhouse and he is a decent type. I just liked his action which is of a faster ground horse and he travelled well in a well run race, quickened clear and won on the bridle. The second was then fourth to Wave Power the next day......good enough for me. He is also by Deploy and likely to be speedier than most national hunt types. Just my view at the moment.

PS I'm still reeling from You'll Never Walk Alone being pulled out of the race with injury. Had him at 14s. What a cert he would have been!!

Am a lifelong United fan Cantoris..couldn't bring myself to follow anything to do with You'll Never Walk Alone:lol:!!

I would never let emotion get in the way of making money......except I wouldn't sell my mother to anyone......my brother maybe!!!!!! And with an unemotional hat on, I backed Inca for Sunday!!

Mullins confirms todays winner (Cadspeed) as a likely Cheltenham bumper runner. He could have 6-7 horses running in it at this rate.

Back