Champion Bumper

Surely this is the way to go to get this country out of the mess its in?? Well put the national budget on Mullins to win the bumper, maybe not a 1/66, but at the best price we can get, and reap the benefits...

If for some miracle of god he doesnt win it, we declare bankruptcy and start afresh, caves and all.

That's the most honest, clear thinking assessment of this countries economic situation I have heard in weeks. What party do you represent and have you got a candidate in my constituency? What is your party’s view on the legalisation of rohypnol for men who are shy?

Last edited:
That's the most honest, clear thinking assessment of this countries economic situation I have heard in weeks. What party do you represent and have you got a candidate in my constituency? What is you party’s view on the legalisation of rohypnol for men who are shy?

Im in the process in producing a pamphlet on what we have to offer. Rohypnol is a policy we are going to be using as a cornerstone of our general election campaign...

Im in the process in producing a pamphlet on what we have to offer. Rohypnol is a policy we are going to be using as a cornerstone of our general election campaign...

I'll be in the general chitchat forum awaiting its arrival...

Can someone more clever than me, explain how the bumper at Cheltenham is balloted?

I think they rate the quality of Bumper races that are run this year prior to the festival and give the horses a rating based on their run in them,thus a horse that only had say one run and got beat a length in a "hot" race can get a run ahead of something that has won 2 or 3 "egg & spoon" races.

Rohypnol is a policy we are going to be using as a cornerstone of our general election campaign...

Listening to Brian Cowen speak for 10 minutes has roughly the equivalent effect on me I'd imagine Rohypnol would, so you're going to have to step your game up I'm afraid.

Just off at Punchestown. Kiely's Taking Stock was the big talking horse in the market.

Bump(er)*

Another impressive performance from a Mullins newcomer at Fairyhouse. Looked a big raw type but picked up nicely in the straight off a moderate gallop. The runner up is no great shakes though to put the form in context.

Tommorrow's bumper at Naas has tend to have thrown up a few decent prospects. Interesting that Mullins relies on Quadrillon having entered a fair few.

*coat etc. :whistle:

Entries for the Cheltenham Bumper.

Abroad
James Leavy, Ireland
11st 5lb

Alexander Seaview (IRE)W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Benbane Head (USA)M. Keighley
11st 5lb

Bygones of Brid (IRE)
Karen McLintock
11st 5lb​

Cadspeed (FR)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Cranky Corner
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Do The Bookies
John Joseph Hanlon, Ireland
11st 5lb

Double Dash
George Baker
11st 5lb

Dunguib (IRE)
Philip Fenton, Ireland
11st 5lb

Fennis Boy (IRE)
John Joseph Hanlon, Ireland
11st 5lb

Gagewell Flyer (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Glenlo Abbey (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Henry King (IRE)
V. R. A. Dartnall
11st 5lb

Hunters Belt (IRE)
N. Wilson
11st 5lb

John's Gift
R. H. Buckler
11st 5lb

Lead The Parade (IRE)
D. K. Weld, Ireland
11st 5lb

Lios A Choill (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Long Strand (IRE)
C. F. Swan, Ireland
11st 5lb

Meath All Star (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Nodforms Violet (IRE)
Karen McLintock
11st 5lb

Not For Converting (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Pepe Simo (IRE)
P. F. Nicholls
11st 5lb

Quadrillon (FR)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Quel Esprit (FR)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Quinola des Obeaux (FR)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Red Harbour (IRE)
P. F. Nicholls
11st 5lb

Rite of Passage
D. K. Weld, Ireland
11st 5lb

Saveiro (FR)
G. A. Swinbank
11st 5lb

Sherwani Wolf (IRE)
M. G. Rimell
11st 5lb

Shinrock Paddy (IRE)
Paul Nolan, Ireland
11st 5lb

Sicilian Secret (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Some Present (IRE)
Thomas Mullins, Ireland
11st 5lb

Southerness
L. Lungo
11st 5lb

Vivona Hill
G. A. Swinbank
11st 5lb

Hayes Princess (IRE)
Tim Vaughan
10st 12lb

Morning Supreme (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
10st 12lb

Blackstairmountain (IRE)
W. P. Mullins, Ireland
10st 11lb

Latin America (IRE)
N. J. Gifford
10st 11lb

Lidar (FR)
A. King
10st 11lb

Lightening Rod
M. W. Easterby
10st 11lb

Mail de Bievre (FR)
A. King
10st 11lb

Sophies Trophy (IRE)
P. M. Phelan
10st 11lb

Switched Off
M. W. Easterby
10st 11lb

Tornedo Shay (IRE)
T. J. O'Mara, Ireland
10st 11lb

Tzora
P. J. Hobbs
10st 11lb

Universal Truth (IRE)
D. K. Weld, Ireland
10st 11lb

Vino Griego (FR)
G. L. Moore
10st 11lb

Whispering Hills (IRE)
D. T. Hughes, Ireland
10st 11lb

Mullins has only 14 entries. I am stunned that Skorcher, winner of our race, is not one of them.

Of the Mullins horses I think Quel Esprit, Gagewell Flyer and Lios A Choill will be the best. Have just seen the win now and I was really taken with Lios A Choill.

Was very impressed with Quinola's win last time out, not certain exactly what he beat but he looked good doing it. Will be taking a look at Liss A Choill's win tonight after reading Gal's post.

Universal Truth looks like going off a warm favourite in the bumper today at Leopardstown.

Has also been backed today for the Champion Bumper itself, as has the Mullins horse Meath All Star.

Gal, you need to be a member to access the link. Sporting Life reports this morning that Sicilian Secret was most impressive at Leopardstown yesterday.

Gal, you need to be a member to access the link. Sporting Life reports this morning that Sicilian Secret was most impressive at Leopardstown yesterday.

I find it hard to believe that Mullins would advertise his bumper horse to the World just before Cheltenham in a gallop. I'll be looking at his others.

I think landing a punt is very much secondary to the Mullins stable (and probably most stables). At Cheltenham you just want to give yourself the best chance of winning . If his preparation would be aided by showing in the gallop that is what would happen.

I find it hard to believe that Mullins would advertise his bumper horse to the World just before Cheltenham in a gallop. I'll be looking at his others.

SS's price is drying up by the hour. I took a bit of 5/1 this morning with Coral (missed the 6s). Power are in to 9/2 from 6/1 this morning.

I think landing a punt is very much secondary to the Mullins stable (and probably most stables). At Cheltenham you just want to give yourself the best chance of winning . If his preparation would be aided by showing in the gallop that is what would happen.

Absolutely.

Back