Champion Bumper

Re Mullins entries in the Festival Bumper,make no mistake -whatever Patrick rides is no1 then Ruby on no2 ,they would be the pick of them.

Am well and truely lost:eek::confused:

Probably because I'm talking tosh. I thought that only horses that had run in any British, Irish or French flat race were ineligible, but reading the rules of racing it looks like it could be "any recognised turf authority".

Shame.

I heard a rumour that Overdose was going to run in the bumper this year. The plan was for him to blast off for 6furlongs, rest, then go another 6 furlongs, rest, and then try and last it out home on his third burst...I think he can do it.

Mullins confirms todays winner (Cadspeed) as a likely Cheltenham bumper runner. He could have 6-7 horses running in it at this rate.

After yet another Mullins bumper winner yesterday(30 for the season I believe)..are we any the wiser as regards the festival Bumper?? Duinguib still my pick, any other thoughts??

I'd be intruiged to see how the balloting system will work for the race as Mullins has enough horses that he could enter to make up the entire field.

They´re moving the race to his home gallops in Co Kilkenny. We´ll be informed of the result in due course.

They´re moving the race to his home gallops in Co Kilkenny. We´ll be informed of the result in due course.

The result is filtering through;

"First........well its hard to say, they are all running well, all doing everything we ask of them......"

He has so many bumper machines that his present yard is unable to hold them all anymore and he has evidently had to expand into Kilkenny. :D

Interesting bumper at Punchestown tomorrow. Previous winners: Cousin Vinny 2008, Fiveforthree 2007. Mullins runs another newcomer...but I'd be interested in Kiely's. Eight runners but sure to be a good race.

Bobbyjo - certainly interested in backing the Mullins horse AP for Cheltenham. Had the same idea last year after seeing Fiveforthree and Freds Benefit had won it - but bottled it and halved my stakes each way.

Smaller field than normal but likely has a favourites chance.

Bobbyjo - certainly interested in backing the Mullins horse AP for Cheltenham. Had the same idea last year after seeing Fiveforthree and Freds Benefit had won it - but bottled it and halved my stakes each way.

Smaller field than normal but likely has a favourites chance.

Sorry stamp..could you explain the highlighted above?? Am always interested in your views..:eek:

I think he is going dutching his 25 bumper winners at Cheltenham. Should may 1/66

I won't even try to pronounce his name Pricewise - Roigean Rua (spelt very badly), backing him ante-post could be a good bet IMHO.

The race has been run three times (Rockview NH Flat Race) according to the RP Stats. Mullins has the three winners:

2006 - Freds Benefit - won by 15 lengths (18 ran). Ran at Cheltenham 16th of 23. Horses were all wrong that year, Mullins ran 4 and the best he could manage was 12th. SP 20/1

2007 - Fiveforthree - won by 7 lengths (20 ran). Ran 5th of 24 at Cheltenham, beaten 3 lengths and badly hampered by Crocodiles Rock on the home turn. Mullins ran 3 (Cooldine and Mad Fish finished 7th and 8th). SP 16/1

2008 - Cousin Vinny - won by 1 1/4 lengths (20 ran). 1st of 23 at Cheltenham. Beat Corskeage Royale by 3 1/4 lengths. Mullins ran 4 (Lilywhitedancer, Apt Approach and Drive On Regardles who finished 5th, 6th and 20th). SP 12/1

Clearly a race that Mullins targets and the two years that his horses have been fit and healthy he's won it or gone close. Got 33's about Fiveforthree pre-debut in 2007 and then 25's Cousin Vinny last year pre-debut.

Might all be a big coincidence mind ;)

I think he is going dutching his 25 bumper winners at Cheltenham. Should may 1/66

Surely this is the way to go to get this country out of the mess its in?? Well put the national budget on Mullins to win the bumper, maybe not a 1/66, but at the best price we can get, and reap the benefits...

If for some miracle of god he doesnt win it, we declare bankruptcy and start afresh, caves and all.

I won't even try to pronounce his name Pricewise - Roigean Rua (spelt very badly), backing him ante-post could be a good bet IMHO.

The race has been run three times (Rockview NH Flat Race) according to the RP Stats. Mullins has the three winners:

2006 - Freds Benefit - won by 15 lengths (18 ran). Ran at Cheltenham 16th of 23. Horses were all wrong that year, Mullins ran 4 and the best he could manage was 12th. SP 20/1

2007 - Fiveforthree - won by 7 lengths (20 ran). Ran 5th of 24 at Cheltenham, beaten 3 lengths and badly hampered by Crocodiles Rock on the home turn. Mullins ran 3 (Cooldine and Mad Fish finished 7th and 8th). SP 16/1

2008 - Cousin Vinny - won by 1 1/4 lengths (20 ran). 1st of 23 at Cheltenham. Beat Corskeage Royale by 3 1/4 lengths. Mullins ran 4 (Lilywhitedancer, Apt Approach and Drive On Regardles who finished 5th, 6th and 20th). SP 12/1

Clearly a race that Mullins targets and the two years that his horses have been fit and healthy he's won it or gone close. Got 33's about Fiveforthree pre-debut in 2007 and then 25's Cousin Vinny last year pre-debut.

Might all be a big coincidence mind ;)

Cheers Stamp.. "Rinceoir Rua" is the Irish for Red Dancer I think..25-1 last year..Cousin Vinny-sweet:)..I got it so so wrong with Apt Approach:mad:

Back