Champion Hurdle 2014

I'd argue that the nature of handicaps is more conducive to true-run races than small field conditions races with cat-and-mouse tactics. And I've already factored in my conviction that handicap races in Ireland are harder to win - ie you need to be further ahead of your mark than in the equivalent British handicap* to have a chance of winning - so I'd be very reluctant to give him any more rope. I might end up hanging myself with it.

*the BHB handicapper already raises most Irish hurdlers at least 3lbs above their Irish rating when they compete over here.

What I am missing here , its a handicap, surely MTOY will have to run into the 170,s to **** this. At odds on ,no thanks. Hard enough race in CH and lond trip to Ayr, anyone lumping on this is deluded in my tent!

I think what Aintree proved was that a hard race at Cheltenham doesn't mean a poor performance next time.

I do, though, agree that MTOY will need to improve significantly for the application of the hood to have any chance. A barge pole job for me (the horse, not the race) ...

What I am missing here , its a handicap, surely MTOY will have to run into the 170,s to **** this. At odds on ,no thanks. Hard enough race in CH and lond trip to Ayr, anyone lumping on this is deluded in my tent!

He'll have these for breakfast anyway, but if the mufflers do their job 170 would seriously underrate him. At 5/4 (Wm Hill) it's party time.

Back