Champion Hurdle 2014

Hurricane Fly will run in the Champion Hurdle, Quevega will run in the Mares, Annie Power will run in the Stayers......and Un De Sceaux will run off top-weight in the County Hurdle and absolutely fu*cking hack-up.

Hurricane Fly will run in the Champion Hurdle, Quevega will run in the Mares, Annie Power will run in the Stayers......and Un De Sceaux will run off top-weight in the County Hurdle and absolutely fu*cking hack-up.

Hope you are right I'm balls deep into Annie Power for the World Hurdle @ 8-1

Hurricane Fly will run in the Champion Hurdle, Quevega will run in the Mares, Annie Power will run in the Stayers

......and Un De Sceaux will run off top-weight in the County Hurdle and absolutely fu*cking hack-up.

I reckon that barring injuries the first part is set in stone in Willie's mind.

If Un De Sceaux wins the Red Mills half the County field will be out of the handicap.

Last edited:
County Hurdle is impossible
he is an OR 156 in Ireland, so would be given a higher than 160 in the county
with the amount you have to have in hand to win a hcp in the festival he would need a 170 or better, and with that you win the champion hurdle
no way he runs in the hcp

I wasn't being entirely serious re UDS's Festival target. Maybe he is one for the Aintree Hurdle (along with Thousand Stars) rather than Cheltenham?

Last edited:
Un De Sceaux
eill be more suited by cheltenham than aintree and the ground should be better also in March than in April

I wouldn't view it that way myself, Ardross - even at his very best, BB might struggle to give a half-stone to the mare (concede she isn't yet a confirmed stayer).

BB is the most underrated horse in training - he thrashed Reve di Sivola out of sight last year yet his rating did not go up although Reve was found to be worthy of a 19LB rating hike .

Big Buck's at his very best is simply unbeatable over 3 miles .

There are a couple of factors Ardross.
BB has got to show his wellbeing on the racecourse, and even if he does there is the 'bounce' factor come the festival.
7lbs is a fair allowance, and the way she has dispatched of Zarkander (who beat the new one at Aintree), without breaking sweat makes me think she's a little bit special.

The people who think that Hurricane Fly at 10 is in decline, in spite of the evidence from his run at Christmas, must surely think that Bib Buck's, coming back at 11 without a run so far this season, is well past it.

If they're being consistent, like.

BB is the most underrated horse in training - he thrashed Reve di Sivola out of sight last year yet his rating did not go up although Reve was found to be worthy of a 19LB rating hike .

Big Buck's at his very best is simply unbeatable over 3 miles .

Spot on. Nothing has come even close to getting to the bottom of Big Bucks. If anything was good enough to get him out of 3rd gear then he would have a rating in the 180s. So giving Annie half a stone would have still left her way short of toppling the great man.
Though time waits for no man, and I am a huge Annie fan, and should Bucks not come back then I think she would be there to collect - if willie goes this route, which he should.

As regards the county hurdle. It has been known for a while that the winner is living in somerset.

Back