Champion Hurdle 2014

Jezki, predominantly ridden by Geraghty in the past, is ridden by A P tomorrow at Down Royal whilst Geraghty comes over to Wetherby, and apart from a couple for Henderson, rides one of JP's. Be interesting if both Jezki and My Tent Or Yours make the CH to see which one A P chooses.

Jezki just did enough to win his race -plenty more to come from him.Hopefully he runs in the Morgiana ridden by McCoy or Geraghty.

Our Conor has also had a run, has he not?

Clearly, both want to go in against the Champ as fit as possible, in an effort to avoid being humiliated. :cool:

I'm with Jezki-I think the race is a priority for him -not so much the other pair.Danny Mullins has been very lucky for me in the past but I can see him getting plenty of abuse this season if Our Connor and Mount Benbulben don't acheive what's expected of them.

Last edited:
Our Connor will miss the race... bottles crashed already. Its like a wee boy from Primary getting ready to go to the Big School. :D

TWO-TIME Champion Hurdle winner Hurricane Fly is "stronger than ever" according to Willie Mullins, who is preparing the nine-year-old to make his seasonal debut in Sunday's Stanjames.com Morgiana Hurdle at Punchestown.

Hurricane Fly will face a maximum of eight rivals, spearheaded by last season's Supreme Novices' third Jezki.

Mullins, who trains seven of the nine potential runners in the Morgiana, said: "We had a fantastic summer which meant fantastic grass so Hurricane Fly has come back stronger this year than ever which is extraordinary.

"Hopefully those looks will carry through to performance."

Rider Ruby Walsh added: "Hurricane is in good form. He is a dual champion winner, is very good around Punchestown and has won plenty of races around there so we are looking forward to the race."

Hurricane Fly began last season's undefeated campaign with a 12- length victory over just two rivals in the Morgiana and is 4-7 with Paddy Power for a repeat victory.

Jezki, who won the Champion Novice Hurdle at the Punchestown festival in April, is 6-4 after the Jessica Harrington-trained five-year-old made a winning seasonal debut in a Grade 2 at Down Royal on November 1.

Both horses figure prominently in betting for the Stan James Champion Hurdle, for which Hurricane Fly is a best-priced 11-2 and Jezki 8-1.

Mullins' undefeated Annie Power could also feature in the Morgiana after being among the nine left in at the five-day stage. The other six are Marito, Midnight Game, Mikael D'Haguenet, Un De Sceaux, Blood Cotil and Akatara.

Would like to see Hurricane Fly moon-walk the last half-furlong, making 'hand-shandy' signs at the opposition, to the tune of Shaka Khan's 'Ain't Nobody'.

Too much to ask?

I don't think so. :cool:

Back