Champion Hurdle 2014

Great point. No such argument about The New One who goes straight there and is the one who could actually do with practice jumping hurdles. There's no issue with MTOY hurdling, in fact I'd go so far as saying that along with HF he's the best hurdler in the field. Our Conor is quiet nimble too.

The reason he's anxious to get a run in is to get rid of the freshness. A hell of a lot better than him pulling furiously during the champion.

I still actually slightly favour TNO at this stage but thats spot on

The only real negative about any of the runners in recent weeks has been Ruby's slip. The unintentional drop of the veil to reveal his lack of confidence

Did amaze me how some swallowed "rest of comments bullish" bit. As if he was going to expand on his first comment and tell the world , "hes old and fcked. Nothing like what he was and is beating stiffs. Felt as good as an Austin allegro today. Should dump the fcker into pedigree chum cans now"

Last edited:

The only real negative about any of the runners in recent weeks has been Ruby's slip. The unintentional drop of the veil to reveal his lack of confidence

Nice try, no cigar.

Playing-up the most innocuous and irrelevant Walsh quote - whilst ignoring every other positive, upbeat quote - is further evidence of THE FEAR.

Mug

Peterson says flower is a cnt and then expands by telling the world how much he loves the england dressing room

and yeah yeah

Last edited:
Mug

Peterson says flower is a cnt and then expands by telling the world how much he loves the england dressing room

and yeah yeah

Muppet.

What has Morris-Dancing got to do with anything (I assume the people you mentioned are morris-dancers)?

Did amaze me how some swallowed "rest of comments bullish" bit. As if he was going to expand on his first comment and tell the world , "hes old and fcked. Nothing like what he was and is beating stiffs. Felt as good as an Austin allegro today. Should dump the fcker into pedigree chum cans now"

Yes. To summarise, this week we've learned that thankfully all is well with all of the intended participants of this years champion hurdle, including MTOY who some here had on the sick list. Furthermore we know that Ruby Walsh is worried about the proximity of Captain Cee Bee to Hurricane Fly in his last race. We know this because he simply answered 'yes' when that question was posed to him on 26/1/14 . Nothing more, nothing less was said to the question asked.

Sounds like Ruby has a dose of the fear himself. ;) :D

Last edited:
It is heart-warming to see the fishwives are now hanging their hopes on the words of Hurricane Fly's jockey, and his flat, emotionless answer to a farcical question. It suggests that they have collectively accepted that the form-book makes a mockery of their every argument, which means there is hope for them yet.

We shall clear some space on the Ark.......in steerage.

PA Stables @PA_Stables
Tony McCoy tells @AtTheRaces Get In! programme that "I probably am going to ride" My Tent Or Yours over Jezki in the Champion Hurdle.

Last edited:
Just as Ruby's "yes" was "gone mate. No chance"

Tony's "probably" is "do what? Do I look fcking stupid?"

It is heart-warming to see the fishwives are now hanging their hopes on the words of Hurricane Fly's jockey, and his flat, emotionless answer to a farcical question. It suggests that they have collectively accepted that the form-book makes a mockery of their every argument, which means there is hope for them yet.

We shall clear some space on the Ark.......in steerage.

Simple, he won't be good enough ;)

I've gone quiet since doing that W.Mullins bet. I had to include The Hurricane as I have him as the threat to Our Conor.
To be honest I've gone over this race so many times and I can only see it between the two at the sharp end of the race.
No I'm not a turncoat but you've got to cover the angles and I'm on Our Conor /Hurricane fly and The New One. I've put them in different speciality bets- Heinz/ lucky31/ and a few Goliath bets.
I do have OC clear on my PROJECTED rating but he hasn't done it yet and HF ..well it's for all to see.

why all the whining and moaning, just back MELODIC RENDEZVOUS at 25,s and have done with it, he looks the only 1 now with proper value.

It looks such a tough race, the HURRICANE keeps proving me wrong race after race but surely their must be 1 improver out there to beat him. OUR CONNOR looks to be in the champion hurdle a year early, he will probably win it next year. JEZKI needs at least 2 mile 4 nowadays. ANNIE POWER looks awesome but there is no guarantees she will run in this race.

As for MTOY and THE NEW ONE it looks very hard to separate them, but I do feel they have a better chance than OUR CONNOR, so the 2 mentioned look to have the strongest chance.

I can not figure out the race at all, therefore there is only 1 thing for me to do and that is find value in the race and MELODIC RENDEZVOUS at 25,s ( especially if it turns up heavy on the day, and whacks ZARKANDAR tomorrow)

Who Said this:

"It's just not ability in there, there are reserves that I think he hadn't had to tap, but certainly he went a bit deeper into the locker today than he ever did before"

Close!

It was actually Willie Mullins on HF after the Irish Champion Hurdle. He had to dig deeper than ever before to beat Captain Cee Bee by 3 Lengths......

Close!

It was actually Willie Mullins on HF after the Irish Champion Hurdle. He had to dig deeper than ever before to beat Captain Cee Bee by 3 Lengths......

It's edifying to see the croans continuing to grasp at quotes - like a drowning man reaching for a plank of wood in the middle of the Atlantic - because they know that a form argument against the Fly cannot be sustained.

Back