Champion Hurdle 2015

Reckon Brave Inca could have done so too. Actually when you look through the list a good number of winners were more than comfortable at 2m 4f

2m 4f isn't 3m though, and (AFAIA) Hardy Eustace ran 3 times over 3m - btn 72+l, 65l, and 9l (by Lough Derg, off levels ffs).
The point is that such a beast is a very rare bird (even non-existent, maybe), yet we see a Faugheen type almost every season.

ps Solwhit was arse/about face for this discussion, Mr Hopper.

Last edited:
It's not an unreasonable point though. He's only run once over 2m (which surpised me looking back) and been campaigned as if longer is a natural fit. The 3m win was in heavy too.

From memory; Oscar Whisky, Peddlers Cross, The New One......(ask Grassy, he seems to find one every year. :)).

From memory; Oscar Whisky, Peddlers Cross, The New One......(ask Grassy, he seems to find one every year. :)).

Are you being serious, reet?

I've never been an advocate of any of the above as "the next big hope". In fact, I am generally very cautious when it comes to emerging horses (and ratings generally), and about the only horse I've ever been seriously bullish about in terms of talent before it's been proven, is Hurricane Fly.

Are you being serious, reet?

I've never been an advocate of any of the above as "the next big hope". In fact, I am generally very cautious when it comes to emerging horses (and ratings generally), and about the only horse I've ever been seriously bullish about in terms of talent before it's been proven, is Hurricane Fly.

Did you rate hurricane fly? Didnt know that

Calm down, fella. :D
I never mentioned "the next big hope", simply indicated horses hyped in the CH market that hadn't shown the speed to warrant it.
Fairly sure, nevertheless, that we were on opposing sides of similar discussions about the first 2 on my list.

Last edited:
Your memory is failing you, reet. I was never a booster of either Oscar Whisky or Peddlar's Cross....nor, for that matter, The New One. As granger says, they all existed in the Hurricane Fly era.

Love Faugheen but Grassy does make valid points.

thought he looked a little heavy today so more to come

Was there yesterday and tried to look properly whilst a mate was bending my ear about some fcking thing or other. But thought that a little bit too.

Was there yesterday and tried to look properly whilst a mate was bending my ear about some fcking thing or other. But thought that a little bit too.

Liked him since his bumper win over JH. Exceeded all expectations so far. Goes over any trip and any ground. Has pace and a serious engine.

He was far from all out Saturday and cannot wait to see him stepped up in class.

Pipe dream I guess but would love to see him thrown in against Hurricane at xmas but guess a clash against TNO is a tasty starter too

Maybe this one, one of Ruby Walshes dark horses on Paddys website

ARCTIC FIRE. Ran a blinder in the County Hurdle and bolted up at Punchestown. It’s a long shot but this is a horse we have always liked who could, just, progress in a Champion Hurdle-type horse. Will be worth following early in the season.

Entered in the Fighting Fifth

Off working abroad now for a few months, maybe see you geezers again next year

Back