Cheltenham 2017/18

That looks fine. This picture was taken by a member of our local fire brigade here.
96a5395f301518090309f9bfb5f85345.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a good job he was standing on top of his fire engine!

:lol:

Comedy genius.

I've got to stop drinking my coffee whilst reading TH my laptop is taking a right old battering.

2 days running spat the lot out !

Last edited:
You got away light over there boys. Well up past my knees in our back garden with 3 inches again last night. It’s still snowing here but supposed to turn to rain later. Four straight days in the house. Now I know what Cabin Fever is!

I was envisaging something like 6 inches to a foot for the course after the forecast but you can see the grass there in a lot of parts. The only down side will be that grass growth has been non existent this past week.

Worse than the pictures suggest so.

#SamcroSupreme 14/1. [emoji41]

Last edited:
So we have four odds on ante post at the moment; Beuvir D'Air. Apples jade, Samcro, Altior.
Which one is the Annie Power ?

The old hurdle course has a very boggy patch just after the last ; grass rarely grows there a cold Spring.
According to Tommy Kinane it cost Monksfield the 1977 Champion Hurdle against Night Nurse and the patch has not improved greatly since.
Well worth a look to anyone visiting the course; Michael Winters spotted it when Rebel Fitz ran there as a Novice Chase in October 2013 reminding me of it.
Punter Beware !!

Claisse is covering quite a few bases with his 'predicted' going, just reading his quotes on this thread for today.

Soft on the Tuesday is looking more likely now though, isn't it. Seems to be a view it's going to be riding somewhat dead anyway.

Horses that will suit - Kalashnikov (Evidence he Handles it) & First Flow in the Supreme (won't hinder Getabird either, mind) and Saint Calvados in the Arkle for starters.

Horses it won't suit on day one if it's dead ground?

I know what your saying DH. Of the shorties I've had nothing ante post in the Apples Jade or Samcro races so would gladly see either beaten as obviously will be against on the day as don't really do odds on.

To be fair most of them have been winning on soft/heavy all year. They should all handle it. Even MTOY who according to Henderson “has to have good ground” won on soft before Christmas.

Back