Cheltenham 2017/18

You won't even notice they're gone when the time comes DJ.

The great thing about Cheltenham is horses who on paper look to have no chance suddenly become huge dangers during the actual race.

Races that look foregone conclusion turn into your worst nightmare like the QMCC last year.

Horses like Altior who were going to win doing handstands suddenly come under pressure from some ordinary boat

This reduces the chances of getting an accie up to about ziltch the chances of all your selections actually getting there reduces those odds even more

Last edited:
It's been raining continuously in Bristol for a good six hours and has been absolutely hosing it down since 6. I hope it's missed Cheltenham!

Have been going through all the races tonight with a view to the Prestbury Cup and top trainers

For the Prestbury cup I reckon Ireland are the right favourites, but no bet at 4/6. The only possible value is the draw a 7/1

Top trainer could almost be a 3 way tie in my view & my tissue is 7/4 Mullins, 2/1 Elliott, 9/4 Hendo & a million bar. Based on that, Elliott has to be the bet at 3/1 with Paddy Power

14mm or half an inch of rain yesterday and overnight with some rain due today but more persistent from tomorrow afternoon. Long range forecast last week had it fairly right.

No way this starts on Good/soft.

b24d0b99bcd5fa77145e56d14f935492.jpg

96e188f76ea811a9bce2d1090a18c785.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to Irish and he told me all my selections from his Island are fine but you lot have problems in fact he said you are all fucked :lol:

What a bummer more rain and it could be heavy or worse:(

Imagine the conversation between the O’Leary’s & Elliott re Samcro later today.

Plan A. They have to make their decision tomorrow morning at the latest by which time little extra rain will have fallen.

The good forecast for Tuesday also means they’re likely to get better ground on Wednesday.

First sign of drift on Betfair Exchange & Matchbook for Ballymore any way. Out to 10/9 & 6/5. Going the opposite for Supreme.

Plan A. They have to make their decision tomorrow morning at the latest by which time little extra rain will have fallen.

First sign of drift on Betfair Exchange & Matchbook for Ballymore any way. Out to 10/9 & 6/5. Going the opposite for Supreme.

Matt Chapman has just made a statement concerning a conversation he's had this morning with Gordon Elliot.

Elliot said to Matt; "you can quote me, Samcro will definitely run in the Balleymore"

Last edited:
Was wondering. Samcro went to 22 on Betfair for Supreme just there so that must be after that statement.

Two of Willie's horseboxes just going up the road to the racecourse, should I go and see if Douvan's on board :whistle:

Back