Cheltenham 2017/18

Trust this isn't a spoof

m8ehr5.jpg

He will be fine. Friends girlfriend works there & txt me half hour ago. I cashed out on WHAD Triumph bet at 33s but they said leave all Altior bets. It’s only minor and they compared it to sore fingernail. Once puss is cleared he’s good to go.

Worrying thing she said was that WHAD lives next door to Buv but that they moved him last night when he showed signs of not being himself and scrubbed his box down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will be fine. Friends girlfriend works there & txt me half hour ago. I cashed out on WHAD Triumph bet at 33s but they said leave all Altior bets. It’s only minor and they compared it to sore fingernail. Once puss is cleared he’s good to go.

Worrying thing she said was that WHAD lives next door to Buv but that they moved him last night when he showed signs of not being himself and scrubbed his box down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you are right.

One does wonder if this had leaked to Mullins team - if Altior declared fit Douvan suddenly a non runner ? If they had got wind of it they surely would have been gutted to withdraw Douvan on Monday if Altior was withdrawn on Tuesday.

Claisse has just said “there is absolutely no chance of an inspection whatsoever”

8:00 AM inspection it is then.

So this year it might just be a case of looking for something sure to get through very bad ground.

From SL

Previous winners with heavy in the going description: (who are running Tuesday)

Claimantakinforgan
First Flow
Getabird
Golden Jeffrey
Mengli Khan
Sharjah
Summerville Boy
Trainwreck
Us And Them
Western Ryder
Dame Rose

I'm really keen on Western Ryder at 33's. Course form and has the beating of several of this weeks fancied runners..Also narrowly misses out on my 'horses that have placed in previous years' list, having come 5th in the bumper. It's just annoying that Getabird and Sharjah have form on heavy also. And Us and Them falls into the 'ignore Joseph O'Brien at your peril' system.

Just the Supreme

Footpad
Saint Calvados
Robinshill

Sizing Codelco
Yala Enki
Shantou Flyer
Beware The Bear
Wakanda
Singlefarmpayment
Ramses De Teillee
Knight Of Noir
Vic De Touzaine
Cogry
Eamon An Croic

Buveur d’Air
Ch’Tbello
Faugheen
Wicklow Brave
Yorkhill

Apple’s Jade
Benie Des Dieux
Jer’s Girl (FLAT)

Clondaw Cian
Impulsive Star
Jury Duty
Mossback
Pylonthepressure
Rathvinden
Robin Of Locksley
Shades Of Midnight
Sizing Tennessee
Ms Parfois

Testify
De Plotting Shed
Le Rocher
Demi Sang
Barney Dwan
Rocklander
Livelovelaugh
Ballyhill
Kayf Adventure
Cobra De Mai

trying to work out why Heavy is trading between 6/4 and 2s on the machine given that's this morning official going and it's rained all day :confused:

i know the course drains quickly but........

They've been racing on rotten ground since November, at least it's been constant. We won't have the issue of certain horses improving massively for spring ground.

Very true, tiggers.

You can’t legitimately spend years complaining about unrepresentative ground at the Festival, only to then complain that it’s gone totally against your ‘spring-ground’ picks.

It is what it is, and plenty should go on it OK - there’s nothing much to see here, imo.

That said, I hope to fu*ck it quickens-up in time for the Biter on Friday.

Last edited:
Back